Greetings from South Florida!

Hello all, Joel here, sending y'all greetings from southern Florida, Fort Pierce area to be exact, Treasure Coast. I just picked up a slightly used 2022 R18 Transcontinental. I have been on BMW's for for almost 25 years now. My first was an R1200C and my last before the R18 was a K1600B.. It was time to get back on a boxter! I am looking forward to connecting with everyone and sharing information, good times, etc.. I'm semi-retired at this point and do enjoy other things like vintage autos and shooting. Here's to great conversation with new friends! Joel

Attachments

• IMG_7530.jpg
    IMG_7530.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
Welcome and congratulations on the new ride. I have a place in Daytona Beach Shores. You have any plans for adding accessories or modifications? Maybe we can meet up for a cup of joe during bike week. I will be very interested in your thoughts on the comparison of the TC and KB.

Welcome and congratulations on the new ride. I have a place in Daytona Beach Shores. You have any plans for adding accessories or modifications? Maybe we can meet up for a cup of joe during bike week. I will be very interested in your thoughts on the comparison of the TC and KB.
Hi, Would love to get together and chat. The group that I ride with are always up Daytona way getting their Harleys fixed! On the new bike, I will do the Brentune upgrade. The "road" throttle response on the bike is terrible. I had the same problem on the K1600B and Brentune solved the problem. I got the R18 used, with about 1800 miles on it and got it at a great number.. The guy who had it invested in the engine guards, rear bag guard and new slip-ons as I am told..so there is probably not much more I will do to it.

The K1600B and R18 are two entirely different animals. The KB was super smooth and fast. I really got used to that shift assist...just popping gears at wide open throttle is a blast! The foot positioning was better on the KB as well. Rain protection was outstanding. I got caught in a few Florida downpours, never stopped, and the only thing that got wet was my thighs!

The R18 has the boxter which I do like as well as more storage space. If I could have put a top case on the bagger (BMW) I might have kept it. I like the new dash and the look of the bike. The sound system is super, I can actually hear it on the road! With the performance tune and perhaps some foot control adjustments, the R18 will be fine. The one thing I did notice right off the bat was fuel mileage.. The KB consistently got 45-47 the R18 seems to drink more but it is too early to tell.

Stay in touch and maybe we can arrange that get together.

Best,
Joel

Hi, Would love to get together and chat. The group that I ride with are always up Daytona way getting their Harleys fixed! On the new bike, I will do the Brentune upgrade. The "road" throttle response on the bike is terrible. I had the same problem on the K1600B and Brentune solved the problem. I got the R18 used, with about 1800 miles on it and got it at a great number.. The guy who had it invested in the engine guards, rear bag guard and new slip-ons as I am told..so there is probably not much more I will do to it.

The K1600B and R18 are two entirely different animals. The KB was super smooth and fast. I really got used to that shift assist...just popping gears at wide open throttle is a blast! The foot positioning was better on the KB as well. Rain protection was outstanding. I got caught in a few Florida downpours, never stopped, and the only thing that got wet was my thighs!

The R18 has the boxter which I do like as well as more storage space. If I could have put a top case on the bagger (BMW) I might have kept it. I like the new dash and the look of the bike. The sound system is super, I can actually hear it on the road! With the performance tune and perhaps some foot control adjustments, the R18 will be fine. The one thing I did notice right off the bat was fuel mileage.. The KB consistently got 45-47 the R18 seems to drink more but it is too early to tell.

Stay in touch and maybe we can arrange that get together.

Best,
Joel
Thank you, we for sure will try and meet up

Back