Grip Puppies

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

I've seen little discussion of the value of the Grip Puppies for the R18B and R18TC. They seem to be well worth their $14 price tag, and they give the bike a fatter grip and cushy one at that.

I've seen little discussion of the value of the Grip Puppies for the R18B and R18TC. They seem to be well worth their $14 price tag, and they give the bike a fatter grip and cushy one at that.
They work great! I have been using them for many years on all my bikes

They do work great and really helped with my right grips vibes. Hint: Use some cheap hair spray inside Grip Puppy and on bikes grip to easily slid on. I did remove bar weights before install.

They're universal aren't they? I'd recommend some patience on any bike. Set them out in the sun for a bit, spray down your grips and inside the puppies with windex or soapy water, remove the bar-ends if you have any (it's permanently LocTite on there so be patient) then slide them on takes about 2-3 minutes per side.

If you have access to compressed air, just shoot it between the grip and grip puppy as you install and it goes right on without anything else needed.

I would love some alternative grip options but it seems there is only one variation of the grips to choose from sold by BMW. So I went the route of grip puppies as well. I do remember the fancy grips BMW sells would change out the bar end weights to something smaller/lighter and care should be taken in doing that. You'll get more vibration through your grips without the bar end weights I assume.

Wunderlich sells a set of brown or black vintage style leather covers - put some on my R18B over the top of the standard heated grips & feel good / look good imo

What size will fit R18C?
There are two sizes. Both have the same diameter flexibility but are different lengths. For the R18B and R18TC the shorter ones fit perfectly. They are 4.25 inches long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back