Hagerty Love for the R18

About time someone started posting all the wonderful things that BMW packed into the R18. Especially the fact that a bike manufacturer known for producing the most technologically advanced motorcycles turned the tables on their competition and made a retro styled motorcycle with technology hidden just under its skin.

About time someone started posting all the wonderful things that BMW packed into the R18. Especially the fact that a bike manufacturer known for producing the most technologically advanced motorcycles turned the tables on their competition and made a retro styled motorcycle with technology hidden just under its skin.
It's a good write-up. I've even posted a few things in the comments.

Nice write up - I'm curious does the American version have the same speedo or is it in miles per hour? Is it still Berlin Built?

Reading the comments....I too disliked the pipes in photographs. I surmised that they, and the reportedly uncomfortable saddle, would be among my first mods. Well, the saddle thing is true, I'm afraid, it's brutal. But the pipes? Jury is out on that. I'm growing to like them. They suit the bike. They balance the rear end. They're definitely better in person than in photos. My main complaint now is that they're just too dang quiet for my taste.

Nate

Last edited:
Back