Handlebar position

Cheshire Cat

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Anyone else feel they would benefit from handlebar position being a little further back? Would risers help alleviate stiff shoulders following time in the saddle?

Experiment…I ended moving mine forward an inch with the new seat. The adjustment put me a little forward and w/better posture. Take your wrench with you. It’s like the preload adjuster, play with it.

I have dkdesign risers that move the bars up and back a little and no need to change anything else. Seems way more comfortable and responsive.

Anyone else feel they would benefit from handlebar position being a little further back? Would risers help alleviate stiff shoulders following time in the saddle?
I have had a slight amount of neck / shoulder ache but wondered if it was the screen being a little low. DK design products look decent but their postage rates seem very high to the UK. I am tempted by the front mudguard but hope that as normal trade patterns resume the postage costs might reduce.

I have had a slight amount of neck / shoulder ache but wondered if it was the screen being a little low. DK design products look decent but their postage rates seem very high to the UK. I am tempted by the front mudguard but hope that as normal trade patterns resume the postage costs might reduce.
2025 will be “normal” again. “The containers crisis”, take a look

I have tried adjusting my handlebars slightly but not much difference. Just concerned the DK item might not be swept back quite enough. Am I correct in thinking they only have a 1” sweep?

Just had a look at the DK design extension and I think that price is mad!! Made in the Far East and charging more than if made in Germany with all their laws, regulations, etc. couldn’t it then on principle.

I feel that 30 mm back would suit better with stock seat. I can’t go any shorter seat because my legroom is tight now. I’m going to try first with set of bars I need slightly narrowed bars with more back I think will work for me. Just saying bars are very personal fit

Sit on your bike straight up for 10 minutes holding bars then re position your hands to the position your shoulders hands arms fell pain free. That is a good start what you need to do to move position

Do you really have to replace lines? DK seems taller but claims no line relocation, including demo video…
I installed DK and indeed no line replacement. They come with special holders. You can see them here next to the speedo.

Attachments

• 69B5B346-676C-436E-957D-49E895651B96.jpeg
    69B5B346-676C-436E-957D-49E895651B96.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
Back