Happy to be aboard!

Just traded my 2011 HD Road King Police ("Cop King") for an R18 Classic about a month ago. No complaints about my Harley, and were I to get another Harley, it would likely be a new model of the same thing. Great bike, but like thousands upon thousands (upon thousands) of others. As for the R18 - absolutely loving it. Its my first Beemer, and I was very psyched to see them putting out an iron and chrome vintage-inspired cruiser. They made a lot of smart decisions with the bike, everything seems so very common sense and intuitive, and pretty impeccable manufacture. Took me a few miles to get used to how the slipper clutch worked, and a few dozen to get used to the placement of the heel/toe shifter and foot brake, but now it feels natural and second nature. It makes for a very visceral riding experience. I gotta say, I love when the European manufacturers target the Harley crowd, because it really is like looking at an American bike through a funhouse mirror. Massive oversized engines, with lots of iron and chrome - case in point, my other bike, a 2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring.

Welcome 👋🏻

If you haven’t already, make sure sure you check your rear preload.

My heel shifter on my R18 was at a ridiculous height from factory. Swapped the levers around so that the heel shifter was the outermost one which meant I could lower it. This moved the toe shifter further in which I also lowered so more room above it and more room on the board overall.

Enjoy 👍🏻

I like the way you described the bike in your intro and will add that this R18 machine is a work of art. Even though I am an older guy, I plan to hang onto this one as long as possible.

Welcome, what accessories will you add or have you added to the scoot?
All I've added thus far is the engine guard and the leg rests. I know the leg rests are a bit weird, but I think that kinda fits the whole vibe. And frankly, the retired infantryman in me thinks the leg rests over the cylinders would be a great place to dry wet socks and also heat up a canteen cup full of coffee.....

All I've added thus far is the engine guard and the leg rests. I know the leg rests are a bit weird, but I think that kinda fits the whole vibe. And frankly, the retired infantryman in me thinks the leg rests over the cylinders would be a great place to dry wet socks and also heat up a canteen cup full of coffee.....
The leg rests may look odd but they are very functional

I've given those leg rests some thought. Now that I have the form fitted Russell seat, it might be real comfy adding the leg rests.

This product should be available on the BMW parts fiche right?

I ordered the Leg Rest for my Model-B at the time of purchase; I installed them two weeks later (back ordered) and went on several rides (+6 hrs.), where I had to force myself to use them.. In short, I found them uncomfortable for my riding position and or my height (5' 9"), I removed them and sold them within the same day.

I didn't like the look of them going into the purchase, but figured the functionality and or comfort would outweigh the cosmetics.. They didn't, they look like something Weber designed for grilling, or perhaps something my wife's OB-GYN had setup on the examination chair.

I haven't missed them or thought about them until now; I find the riding position of my B Model to be extremely comfortable. Anyway, welcome aboard and congratulations on the new purchase.

Back