Happy with the Madstad windshield

Picked this up used from a member who had moved on to a GS. I am very happy with the Madstad windshield. I think it is the best made out there for the R18. The build quality is superior to other after market windshields. It looks great on the bike and is easy to take off and on.

I had a German made MRA windshield on it. It was okay but smaller and had zero adjustments. Better for a sports bike. The Madstad is larger, has height and angle adjustments and I think looks better on the bike. came with a short and tall windshield.

What’s most important is it stops the wind. With the tall windshield and the adjustments. I can get zero wind on my helmet. That is going triple digit fast on California freeways. I have never had Lower deflectors. When I was young I thought they were a joke. This works, I am riding down in the low 50F/ 10°C . The lower deflectors do a great job of keeping the wind off my legs. Easy to take off when it warms up.

I am setting up this bike for cross country riding. Next on my list is to upgrade the springs and shocks. If you have already done that. Let me know what springs and or shocks worked for you.

Happy riding

William

View attachment R18-1.jpgView attachment R18-2.jpgView attachment R18-3.jpgView attachment R18-6.jpg

Last edited:
i don't need lowers myself and bought a 22 inch and an 18 inch Madstad. Its winter here so , I've only tested and adjusted. I like the 18 inch, even though I'm 6'2 with a long torso. I am going to cut the 22 down into something, perhaps a 2o inch True touring wndscree or a flycreen. Comes on and off in seconds and the only thing you see is the two small brackets by the speedo.

Back