Harley passenger made my day...

My wife and I were driving the TC in the Colorado mountains yesterday, and we passed a Harley Ultra (nice bike) on the highway. I didn't give it another thought. A few miles later we hit a red light and the Ultra pulls up just behind and to the right - close enough that I can hear their conversation.

Passenger - "What is THAT?" referring to our TC. "I like it!"
Driver - "I don't know, some kind of BMW. It's OK I guess."
Passenger - "OK? I think it's beautiful."

I'm still smiling... :)

In good fun (sincerely);

It’s assuming that *I* wouldn’t piss in the punch bowl? Cause, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t. 😬

Again, all in good fun.

But if we’re just throwing out random thoughts about ourselves that have, theoretically, nothing to do with OP:
I like my toast with only 1 side toasted.

In fairness, I’m not saying anyone has to think the same way I do. I’m just throwing it out there.
That’s it.

I was at a local coffee shop this morning (sleepy seaside town)... R18 parked not far away.... normally with my r nine t scrambler rarely would any one look at it.... the R18 had someone up close every 5 minutes.... a man even said to his mate it was a work of art.... generally.... lots of 65 to 90yo love it.... lots of old bike nostalga in them.... not harley stuff so much.... more british stuff with a bit of german.

Well I’m going to jump in here, Sun is shining, it’s a nice day. Last week I was just cruising down a short piece of dual carriageway at about 60 mph (think freeway) not that far from home and minding my own business. A Range Rover came past quite quickly and then slowed right down to hover aside me 🤷‍♂️. This obviously caught my attention, I looked across to the driver and through the window I saw him giving me a big grin and enthusiastic thumbs up before he shot off again. As already said above no I don’t need validation but it was a nice thing to happen. We have enough people slagging off our bikes so when the opposite happens it’s sometimes worth sharing.

Well I’m going to jump in here, Sun is shining, it’s a nice day. Last week I was just cruising down a short piece of dual carriageway at about 60 mph (think freeway) not that far from home and minding my own business. A Range Rover came past quite quickly and then slowed right down to hover aside me 🤷‍♂️. This obviously caught my attention, I looked across to the driver and through the window I saw him giving me a big grin and enthusiastic thumbs up before he shot off again. As already said above no I don’t need validation but it was a nice thing to happen. We have enough people slagging off our bikes so when the opposite happens it’s sometimes worth sharing.
Amen to that. I don’t buy a vehicle because I want to show off or pose around. I buy a vehicle after months of researching and if I have the money to spend and if in the process someone give me compliments on my pride and joy well, that is a bonus.

I pretty much bought the bike on a whim--- I just knew I was getting a good deal and a good warranty----Every time I'm out the bike gets loads of attention and compliments and I think the fishtail pipes are kind of ugly myself just not forking out the bucks they want for the V&H pipes.

I rode an R1200C for 14 years and seemingly at every gas station, admirers would show up out of nowhere. Some of BMW's models are just plain beautiful, and this certainly includes the R18.

Back