Heat dissipation

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

I took the R18TC out for a ride and was surprised to learn that I could touch the chrome heads at shut off and not burn the skin. Of course the chrome intake covers were ambient temp, but I assumed the heads were like the exhaust headers.
I have custom boards on my bike that allow my feet to rest 4 inches further forward and there is no heat issue at all.

I took the R18TC out for a ride and was surprised to learn that I could touch the chrome heads at shut off and not burn the skin. Of course the chrome intake covers were ambient temp, but I assumed the heads were like the exhaust headers.
I have custom boards on my bike that allow my feet to rest 4 inches further forward and there is no heat issue at all.
I would actually be surprised if the opposite were true. The coil pack sits right underneath the chrome head covers, and if they were encountering major heat cycles like the exhaust headers, then I'd be worried! 😆

Clearly BMW has redesigned the heads from previous designs, where the coil packs sat elsewhere and wires ran to the plugs.

Mike

Back