Heli-bars revisited

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

Back in November I contacted the good people at Heli-bars. At the time they were selling a black powder coat bar for the B and TC. It occurred to me that these bars would look better on a black R18B than a chrome trimmed TC.

Then I learned that Heli-bars only lift the hand position 5 inches but do not reach back much further (as I understood it). So I put the Heli-bar purchase on the back burner.

Today I received an email from Heli-bars. They now have a chromed version of their long bars in the pipeline. The email stated they would be available for purchase at the end of March.

It would be useful to hear from those who have installed these bars to see what their hindsight is after using them for some time.

Reactions: Vyk
I love mine. Riding position is so much more natural / comfortable. Low speed maneuverability is spot on. I have 2 complaints with mine: 1) I got 2 sets of the ram mount balls that screw into the bars. I put a phone mount on one and intended to use the other for a cup holder. The phone mount blocks a large % of the bikes screen, I did not install the cup holder as I would likely lose all visability of the bikes screen (I use the nav a lot). I dont see any way to really fix this, its a super cool idea, just no way to implement it without blocking the screen. 2) the angle where the upsweep part of the bars meets the flat part (handgrips), adjusted to my height, prevents the controls from being level. Its minor, but I am OCD. My levers are on a slight upward angle. they cant go any lower without the banjo bolts hitting the upsweep part of the bars. again, its minor and barely noticable, and may not even be an issue depending on your height / arm length / preferred reach. I still give them a 9/10 and would recommend to anyone.

Back