Helibars On Transcontinental

Any Helibar for the R18FE?

Talking about bars, I have seen a custom R18 with the K1600B handlebar... beautiful

They have a YouTube channel. Their latest videos are regarding this bar. They talk about how this bar does not fit any other models due to difference in mounting points. There was no mention of them working on one for the Base and Classic models. They are however working on a brushed stainless steel version of this bar.

There is a Triumph dealer about 30 miles from my home. I looked at the Rocket3 and determined in my mind that I would seriously consider buying that bike if they made a fairing for it similar to the R18B/TC or HD street glide.

Either salesman don’t know what they are talking about or your pic is a 2023 model.
I was told at dealer that Triumph has two versions of the Rocket3, none touring.

Either salesman don’t know what they are talking about or your pic is a 2023 model.
I was told at dealer that Triumph has two versions of the Rocket3, none touring.
The bags and batwing are by Corbin, not an official Triumph add on. I highly doubt Triumph will produce a touring version of this one like they did with the previous model.

Hello Lloydw1 and Nobody,
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very difficult, how hard was it to install the heli-bars?
I don't care so much how long it takes if the instructions from Heli are well written. I'm not a mechanic although I do my own work on bikes. Were the instruction for this install okay?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very difficult, how hard was it to install the heli-bars?
I don't care so much how long it takes if the instructions from Heli are well written. I'm not a mechanic although I do my own work on bikes. Were the instruction for this install okay?
Tools needed 6/10 *this is due to BMW using solely torx bolts* (seriously, you only need torx to get this job done but you need a plethora of sizes)
Instructions 3/10 *they missed a bunch of steps in their writing so you have to have common sense to get this job done*
Time 2/10 *It seems daunting when you look at how much has to come off of the bike, but in reality, after doing it once, I could get this job done in 2 hours*
Difficulty 4/10 *At the end of the day its just bars, but the hard part is making sure you disconnect and reconnect all of the electronics appropriately*

As a separate update, got about 600 miles on with the new bars, 9/10, only complaint is I cant get the levers flat due to the angle of the riser on the bar end hitting the reservoirs.

Tools needed 6/10 *this is due to BMW using solely torx bolts* (seriously, you only need torx to get this job done but you need a plethora of sizes)
Instructions 3/10 *they missed a bunch of steps in their writing so you have to have common sense to get this job done*
Time 2/10 *It seems daunting when you look at how much has to come off of the bike, but in reality, after doing it once, I could get this job done in 2 hours*
Difficulty 4/10 *At the end of the day its just bars, but the hard part is making sure you disconnect and reconnect all of the electronics appropriately*

As a separate update, got about 600 miles on with the new bars, 9/10, only complaint is I cant get the levers flat due to the angle of the riser on the bar end hitting the reservoirs.
I understand the brake line and clutch line need to be lengthened but what about all the electric wires that lead to the left and right switches at the grips? Is there enough slack in the wires to accommodate the new length?

*Laughs in long time BMW owner* I think I have about 5 different sets of torx between sockets, wrenches, big, small, extended, oh and security (because R9T exhaust baffles were at risk?). Luckily I just used my entire tool budget on BMW bikes, since my Tacoma just needs you to spit in the oil filler from time to time 😅

About a level 5 due to the needed time.

I understand the brake line and clutch line need to be lengthened but what about all the electric wires that lead to the left and right switches at the grips? Is there enough slack in the wires to accommodate the new length?
no BMW actually planned ahead for this, both sets of wires are doubled over themselves in the fairings; cut the zip tie and use as much wire as you need.

Very glad to hear that. Makes a big difference. I plan to get a set of bars from them as soon as the chrome version is available. The guy said they were working on it at the moment.

I thought about that too. Unfortunately it looks like they are tilted back at a fair angle already.
The disassembly process is frightfully extensive for those Heli-Bars.

I just ordered a set of the Helibars for my TC. Wow they're pricey!

I adjusted the stock bars lower to see if it would help with reach, it did not, felt weird. I did learn to take off most of the fairing and the way it's put together. So now the process of putting on the helibars doesn't seem too bad. My only concern now is getting the longer brake and clutch cables in and getting them properly bled.

I just ordered a set of the Helibars for my TC. Wow they're pricey!

I adjusted the stock bars lower to see if it would help with reach, it did not, felt weird. I did learn to take off most of the fairing and the way it's put together. So now the process of putting on the helibars doesn't seem too bad. My only concern now is getting the longer brake and clutch cables in and getting them properly bled.
I’m on the verge of getting the Heli-bars. Was hoping for a polished stainless steel set, but don’t want to wait till end of February.

Back