Helibars On Transcontinental

Oh yah… the clutch and brake fluid bleed is not fun.

I received and installed the new Helibars for the TC and B. I must admit to being impressed with the improvement to comfort and handling. The installation wasn't too bad, but I sit here still in shock that a total of 42 bolts had to be removed! Keep in mind all of these bolts have to be removed to access the bar mounts. I have often heard the term "over engineered". I can now say that that term is real. Attaching some pictures. IMO the bars are well worth the expense. NOTE: You do have to replace the clutch and front break lines, which are included with the new bars. Not knowing what to expect when bleeding the new lines I did purchase some DOT4 for breaks and the BMW blue mineral oil-based clutch fluid to top off master cylinders.
Who makes your top case rack (stand off )look like what I need

I received and installed the new Helibars for the TC and B. I must admit to being impressed with the improvement to comfort and handling. The installation wasn't too bad, but I sit here still in shock that a total of 42 bolts had to be removed! Keep in mind all of these bolts have to be removed to access the bar mounts. I have often heard the term "over engineered". I can now say that that term is real. Attaching some pictures. IMO the bars are well worth the expense. NOTE: You do have to replace the clutch and front break lines, which are included with the new bars. Not knowing what to expect when bleeding the new lines I did purchase some DOT4 for breaks and the BMW blue mineral oil-based clutch fluid to top off master cylinders.
How hard is the brake and clutch cable change and is there a trick to reduce the amount of loss of liquid etc ?

Just got my helibars for my B installed. Took it around my lot but haven't gotten a good ride yet. The install seems daunting but took me all of 3.5 hours including taking half of everything back off to readjust the bars. It is nice that they come with a ram ball mount (option) but the position puts it in field of view of the TFT (slightly)View attachment 7249View attachment 7250View attachment 7251View attachment 7252View attachment 7253View attachment 7254View attachment 7255
How hard was clutch and brake lines and any tips on reducing the amount of liquid lost and how to re bleed etc ? Did you need to buy top up liquids ?

How hard was clutch and brake lines and any tips on reducing the amount of liquid lost and how to re bleed etc ? Did you need to buy top up liquids ?
not hard at all, the lines they send are speed bleeders so just follow the instructions and youll only have to bleed from the triple to the handlebar. Dot 4 (iirc) for the brake which is cheap and easy, the clutch line uses mineral oil so I had to buy some of that. Wasnt cheap, but not crazy expensive. was like $20 at my BMW dealer for 12oz.

Back