Hello from Tijuana Mexico / San Diego California

Hello, everyone.

Happy to be here. Picked up my R18 this week. What a wonderful bike. Very different from my 2014 CB1000R. The R18 attracts all kinds of attention In Tijuana. Driving I get people asking me questions from their cars at stoplights or telling me they like the bike. If parked everyone stops to look at it. I think I am the only R18 owner in Tijuana. If any other riders in Mexico send me a message. Also, reach out if you will be near and want to go riding. Mexico is a lot of fun.

Attachments

• MeR18.4.jpg
    MeR18.4.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 19
Hello, everyone.

Happy to be here. Picked up my R18 this week. What a wonderful bike. Very different from my 2014 CB1000R. The R18 attracts all kinds of attention In Tijuana. Driving I get people asking me questions from their cars at stoplights or telling me they like the bike. If parked everyone stops to look at it. I think I am the only R18 owner in Tijuana. If any other riders in Mexico send me a message. Also, reach out if you will be near and want to go riding. Mexico is a lot of fun.
A warm welcome to you from here in the slightly more inclement UK. You have the perfect weather for such a bike I would think.

Welcome to the Forum amigo, I was stationed in San Diego when I was in the US Navy. Made a few trips to Tijuana back then it was a very fun place to visit for a young farm boy from Pennsylvania Dutch country that just fell off the pumpkin cart! I would imagine the R18 would create quite the stir down there. Post some pictures of your bike in Old Mexico we would enjoy that. Below is a picture of mine

Attachments

• FB93581C-80A9-4C28-97D6-15DF7F801D0B.jpeg
    FB93581C-80A9-4C28-97D6-15DF7F801D0B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
Welcome to the Forum amigo, I was stationed in San Diego when I was in the US Navy. Made a few trips to Tijuana back then it was a very fun place to visit for a young farm boy from Pennsylvania Dutch country that just fell off the pumpkin cart! I would imagine the R18 would create quite the stir down there. Post some pictures of your bike in Old Mexico we would enjoy that. Below is a picture of mine
I remember as a young sixteen year old from UK, visiting the Dutch Amish fair in Pennsylvania. I was with my Gran on the way from NJ to Illinois.

Cheshire Cat Where were you from in Pennsylvania I’m not far from the Dutch country
I am from the UK. I was just a teenager in 75 visiting relatives in the US. One of my memories was travelling through the night and stopped for a coffee. Outside was a BMW and Gold Wing on a road trip. Still remember after all these years.

Welcome to the Forum amigo, I was stationed in San Diego when I was in the US Navy. Made a few trips to Tijuana back then it was a very fun place to visit for a young farm boy from Pennsylvania Dutch country that just fell off the pumpkin cart! I would imagine the R18 would create quite the stir down there. Post some pictures of your bike in Old Mexico we would enjoy that. Below is a picture of mineWill do, Tijuana has a lot of motorcycle events.

Will do Tijuana has a lot of motorcycle events. Will post photos next time. Also nice mods.

Last edited:
Back