Hello from VA

Rnz520

Hello,

Been creeping on this forum for a while as my wife recently started riding with me and wants a full dresser like the other people we ride with. Does not like my multistrada 950 and I am considering the TC after riding that, the roadmaster and an ultra classic. I found the Harley to be pretty good, better than the Roadmaster which did not fit me at all since I am shorter, but I cannot really eat the marked up cost of the HD right now ($39k+) vs $25k for the BMW. Its not that much better.
To those that own a Manhattan Gray Matte, is it difficult to care for? Its the best color available at the moment for me, but I have not always been big on the matte finishes.

Hello,

Been creeping on this forum for a while as my wife recently started riding with me and wants a full dresser like the other people we ride with. Does not like my multistrada 950 and I am considering the TC after riding that, the roadmaster and an ultra classic. I found the Harley to be pretty good, better than the Roadmaster which did not fit me at all since I am shorter, but I cannot really eat the marked up cost of the HD right now ($39k+) vs $25k for the BMW. Its not that much better.
To those that own a Manhattan Gray Matte, is it difficult to care for? Its the best color available at the moment for me, but I have not always been big on the matte finishes.
I have the Manhattan matte on my TC. It is super easy to care for. I use Bug Slide...spray it on a cloth, wipe and it's done.

Attachments

• 20220531_140918.jpg
    20220531_140918.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
Ended up picking up a black demo for a killer deal at Mortons BMW of Fredericksburg. Put 150 miles on it since picked up, its a nice bike to ride and cruise in with the wife, still getting used to the weird clutch and the weight but comfort is ten fold compared to the multistrada.

Reactions: Vyk
Congratulations! I love Morton's. They go the extra mile to help! Been taking my bikes there for years.

Weird clutch?

Congratulations! I love Morton's. They go the extra mile to help! Been taking my bikes there for years.

Weird clutch?
Its very different and slips more than the clutch on my multi, so I think its weird, or maybe I am just not used to the weight of the bike?

It is no heavier than the HD RoadGlide. BMW likes for their bikes to lean over while on the side stand. It is for this reason that the R18TC SEEMS heavier when you first swing a leg over and get it vertical. By the way.....the R18TC is noticeably more nimble when dodging a pot hole at speed.

It is no heavier than the HD RoadGlide. BMW likes for their bikes to lean over while on the side stand. It is for this reason that the R18TC SEEMS heavier when you first swing a leg over and get it vertical. By the way.....the R18TC is noticeably more nimble when dodging a pot hole at speed.
The handling while moving is shockingly good, will agree to that.

Back