Hello from Western North Carolina

Rode 200 miles this evening. Left from Murphy and traveled Hwy 64 to Franklin. Picked up Hwy 28 to Fontana and then to Deals Gap. Went up and back down the Dragon and continued on Hwy 19-129 through Robbinsville back to Murphy. I knew this bike is all about the engine, but the handling was decent for such a heavy and long bike. I scraped the pegs on both sides while on 28 and the Dragon. As far as mods, I would like to replace the seat or at least get a riders backrest for the stock seat if possible. Also, I would like to put on some engine guards. I briefly search for accessories and there doesn't appear to be many available.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
CharlieIMG_5499.jpg

Rode 200 miles this evening. Left from Murphy and traveled Hwy 64 to Franklin. Picked up Hwy 28 to Fontana and then to Deals Gap. Went up and back down the Dragon and continued on Hwy 19-129 through Robbinsville back to Murphy. I knew this bike is all about the engine, but the handling was decent for such a heavy and long bike. I scraped the pegs on both sides while on 28 and the Dragon. As far as mods, I would like to replace the seat or at least get a riders backrest for the stock seat if possible. Also, I would like to put on some engine guards. I briefly search for accessories and there doesn't appear to be many available.

CharlieView attachment 2402
Mustang seats and Wunderlich

CharlieView attachment 2402
Good roads you mentioned. Welcome aboard! There’s a wealth of info available on this forum. Yes accessories (especially OEM) are slim to none but there are a lot of things available from other sources. Keep looking, share what you find, and ride safe!

And the windshield

What is the size of the windscreen that comes on the classic? I measured 16 inches but I am not sure if I am measuring correctly. I measured from the headlight to the top of the windscreen. I believe that I need one a little taller.

Back