Hi from Maastricht (NL)

sjeuf12

Site Supporter
Hi, a small hi there and introduction. As of this week I am the proud owner of a R18 Classic.
Am an electrical engineer by profession so, insight info on the elctronics and wiring on the R18 will soon be shed lights on...
Am 65 or so years old and have been driving a bike since I was 17.

My first one in 1972, was a 1956 R26 (called Tina). Still have that one, but it has been resting in boxes and crates.
Have been and still am again, a member of the Dutch BMW Mono club and created a CD based workshop manual for all old singles.
Also created some nice tools for the single engines, including a tool called the cd-player a cd based tuning disc (graden scheibe)
Look'm up on the mono-website..

The 2nd, in 1974 was a 1966 R69s (called Bertha)... that soon, within only 2 or 3 weeks, crashed with a broken pushrod at 160km/hr... funny how that can peek through the alluminum
Luckely I did not go down at that speed, so I was able to fix-r up with initially a BMW 700 car boxer engine, wich I got from my granddad.
That was not very succesfull and the 700 was replaced with a R75-5 engine and gearbox and a side car, Velorex from Jawa) was added, mainly for the huge 12V car battery.
Was still a student in those days and transportation stuff needed to be cheap.
Had many fun years with that combination. It was traded in for a car in 1978 (shame on me)

In 2002 I bought yet another bike, a 1981 R45 (called Black Lola)
In 2019 a Yamaha Virago (stampertje) was added to the club

And now in 2021 I took a test drive on a R18 and was hooked on the spot.
Delivery will be before Juli 1st and I think of calling that one BiBi (short for Big Bike)
Did have to locate a crash bar before I decided for the R18... found that at Wunderlich in Germany... so the bar came before the bike... normally that's the other way around

Have fun and drive safe
br
Ser

Hello Ser, I'm from Marken en daarom ga ik verder in het Nederlands, We hebben ook een R18 club in Nederland. Als onderdeel van de BMW Cruiser Owner Group. Zijn reeds 3 R18 motoren lid de 4de is onderweg. Jij zou nummer 5 kunnen zijn.
gr Rene www.bmwcruiser.nl
Hi Rene, dat lijkt me wel wat; vandaag mn portomonee leeggemaakt bij de dealer op het vliegveld. Wordt nu rijklaar gemaakt, incl Wunderlich valbeugels en vrijdag ophalen... Dr zo'n mooie welkomstdoos bijgekregen... Zal de eerste zijn in Maastricht; in Limburg zijn er nu 4 of 5 waarvan ik de eerste Classic heb. Zal me gaan aanmelden op bmwcruiser.nl

Sorry about the dutch !!

Back