Hi from SoCal

Hey all,

Checking in from Southern California, Temecula Valley area. Been riding for (ouch) 41 years…. For the last 3 years on an R1200 RT and looking to pick up an R18 TC this weekend.

Rubber side down, Rob
Welcome! Torrance/South Bay Area here. Also had a 1200RT, a K1600 Grand America, and now a R18 TC FE - which I think is the best of the lot!
Sounds like you’re going to have a great weekend!

Hey all,

Checking in from Southern California, Temecula Valley area. Been riding for (ouch) 41 years…. For the last 3 years on an R1200 RT and looking to pick up an R18 TC this weekend.

Rubber side down, Rob
Always remember Temecula from seeing a classic car show there 15 years ago. We were driving through Southern California from Palm Springs, Salton City etc. A fantastic holiday for UK based tourists.

Welcome, I ride an R1250RT and have an R18 FE. Are you planning of keeping your RT or just ride the R18 TC. We love pictures so I posted mine.
Nice pics!!! I am actually going to sell the RT. Its a 2009 with 80k miles. It has more life in the boxer of course but its starting to act up (throttle bodies, intermittent compression loss, TSPs, etc.)

Welcome! Torrance/South Bay Area here. Also had a 1200RT, a K1600 Grand America, and now a R18 TC FE - which I think is the best of the lot!
Sounds like you’re going to have a great weekend!
Thanx for the input, so no looking back or regrets buying the R18 TC? Or did you keep the K1600? I am torn between the platforms as I have about 25 years of sport bikes and love to canyon carve but getting up there in age and the RT was a bridge bike for me to leave the sport world.

Always remember Temecula from seeing a classic car show there 15 years ago. We were driving through Southern California from Palm Springs, Salton City etc. A fantastic holiday for UK based tourists.
Very nice. You would be very surprised what has happened in the last 15 years. About 50 more wineries, more twisty dirt roads paved over for our enjoyment, and "Old Town" where the car shows are held is self-sustaining with more hotels and food than any of us need :)

Thanx for the input, so no looking back or regrets buying the R18 TC? Or did you keep the K1600? I am torn between the platforms as I have about 25 years of sport bikes and love to canyon carve but getting up there in age and the RT was a bridge bike for me to leave the sport world.
I sold my K1600, and no looking back for me. The TC is more comfortable for me and my wife. Obviously it’s not a canyon carver, but it does surprisingly well in the twisties, good enough for me. My knee dragging days are over.

I sold my K1600, and no looking back for me. The TC is more comfortable for me and my wife. Obviously it’s not a canyon carver, but it does surprisingly well in the twisties, good enough for me. My knee dragging days are over.
Thanx, that’s the response which helps me pull the trigger this Saturday.

Back