Hi..New to the Forum ......Australia

Welcome from the Space Coast. We are just up the road from Melboure; Florida that is! Let me be the first to pass on the standard advice, set your preload! Makes a world of difference.

Oh, and post pix when you get your new bike.

Welcome from the Space Coast. We are just up the road from Melboure; Florida that is! Let me be the first to pass on the standard advice, set your preload! Makes a world of difference.

Oh, and post pix when you get your new bike.
Thank you Bwana.....Yes will be doing the Preload and checking tyre pressure as soon as I get home

Some of the scariest moments l‘ve had when riding a dirt bike in the bush ( forest ) at speed. These jumping projectiles have a tendency to make a beeline at you. If there was one , another 2 or more would also be present. Unpredictable bouncing line; just when you think they’re heading away from you they change direction toward you.

Some of the scariest moments l‘ve had when riding a dirt bike in the bush ( forest ) at speed. These jumping projectiles have a tendency to make a beeline at you. If there was one , another 2 or more would also be present. Unpredictable bouncing line; just when you think they’re heading away from you they change direction toward you.
We have a very similar problem when riding on the roads they are called Whitetail deer and believe me the can jump.
F67741FC-7B1D-429D-A0A3-D03E91EEB92D.jpeg

Omg, freaked me out the first time I saw deer on the side of the road at dusk up on a two lane back road in GA. Guess it is a normal thing depending on where you live. Glad I was in a car that time, though even then they can F*up a car and a person in it. Not a clue if those deer whistles really work or not that you can put on bikes and cars.
They look nice off in the distance, just never know what direction they may head at the last minute it seems.

Welcome, yes please a picture maybe with a kangaroo?
No R18 till the end of the week but have plenty of roos around our House...

Attachments

• IMG_5129.jpg
    IMG_5129.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5130.jpg
    IMG_5130.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5320.jpg
    IMG_5320.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5326.jpg
    IMG_5326.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5373.jpg
    IMG_5373.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 11
Yep...Almost certain to have a bunch of Roos crossing a road in front of you....

Hi Guys...

Awaiting my R18 First Edition Delivery........should get my hands on it next week :)
Start of spring here in OZ and still average weather here in Melbourne but have a
Hour Ride from the Dealer to home so will get some saddle time....

Pyalong
Congrats on the new bike. We are just coming off an unusually hot August in south-central USA. But it wasn't at hot as the summer of 1980 or 1983. Forty years later the average temp In August is cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike. We are just coming off an unusually hot August in south-central USA. But it wasn't at hot as the summer of 1980 or 1983. Forty years later the average temp In August is cooler than this year.
Thank you....I cant wait to have some of that weather you guys have over there at the moment
as I have to go into Melbourne tomorow to pickup the R18 and the forcast is rain ...

G'day! Welcome and enjoy your R 18. I have rented in your neck of the woods and ridden around Melbourne a bit during off time from work. You will love your new machine I predict.

Hey AV8ER......
Still have not been able to pickup the Bike from the dealer due to bad weather but maybe tomorrow..
Yes looking forward to the ride...

Pyalong

Back