Hommage seat or Day rider choice.... help!

Noelpolar

Site Supporter
Hi all..... I just took delivery of a new "old stock" FE pure (Australia based)... and love it. BUT..... it came with the stock "low" seat.... and I need to do something about it.... my issue is not "butt comfort" or doing long rides.... it is more about hip angle.... I need to be a bit higher to open up a bit... I am 5'11" and 170lb... and a bit old (62). I do not want to put a big seat on... as the "look" is important to me.

From the reading and looking I have done.... the stock high seat, day rider or Hommage saddle seam to be worth a try... but I live in the country so have to buy to try.... I don't carry a pillion.... and I have a Wilbers rear shock comming my way.

So... I like the look of the Hommage the most.... but am not sure if it moves one forward a bit... thus closing the hip angle benefit that the raising of the seat helps with... any experience out there that can help me? Thankyou!

Take a look at the LMC seat and seat pan. They offer a wide range of adjustments.
And I can attest the wide leather saddle is soft and comfortable.
FYI, the leather seats are supplied by Spirit Leather in Germany if you want to customize your leatherwork.

Take a look at the LMC seat and seat pan. They offer a wide range of adjustments.
And I can attest the wide leather saddle is soft and comfortable.
FYI, the leather seats are supplied by Spirit Leather in Germany if you want to customize your leatherwork.
Thanks... they are a bit pricey over here... the Hommage (with plate) and day rider are about $900 aud.... most other kit jumps to about $2k or more.... and I need to stay under $1k for my marrage sake!

I'm thinking with the hommage I can fabricate something if I need to.... and down the road even have it covered. I had hoped to get away with the stock seat for a while..... but it's too low for me.

I have the hip angle issue too. I’d also be very interested to know how much higher the Homage is than a stock, RSD, or a Day Rider as I have all three. I’d really like to get my bottom elevated and the Homage *looks* to be just about right! TIA!

Have you thought about the option 719 seat? it is the same height as the classic so about an inch higher and is more comfy than the stock low seat.

It gives you the option to move back and forth a bit where as a lot of the aftermarket seats are quite sculptured and wide. Yes they give a bit more arse support but you have a very fixed riding position.

I fitted it on my classic and it looks great :cool:

[URL]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/zz124/blues-n-twos/seat.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds][/URL]

I have the hip angle issue too. I’d also be very interested to know how much higher the Homage is than a stock, RSD, or a Day Rider as I have all three. I’d really like to get my bottom elevated and the Homage *looks* to be just about right! TIA!
The homage, due to the way it mounts, also opens up the possibility of adding some spacers to lift it a bit higher as well... I've seen an example posted somewhere that a 6'4" person has done....

Have you thought about the option 719 seat? it is the same height as the classic so about an inch higher and is more comfy than the stock low seat.

Good to know.... thanks. I have looked at it online.... but got a bit confused.... it looked higher then the stock australia provided seat... but was listed as standard height.... very confusing.... I gues it means classic standard seat height!

Oh well..... decided to give the Hommage a go.... I will post detail on the installation and any modifications needed to get a ok seat height for me when I install it.

The localish BMW dealer took my Vin number and said the tall comfort and 719 were not listed for my 3/21 model.... I don't believe that... but.... anyway ordered the Hommage kit from overseas.... about $950 aud.... hopefully get's past our customs.... or maybe $200 more.... normally if less then $1,000 it gets through. Picture attached will be the general look... maybe I'lll raise it an inch.... and put a rack on the rear guard.... I may cover the seat in kangaroo leather to aussie it.

6f7550e4-576c-449e-afd6-2a66624c8846_b5058e5c-d6ae-41b9-baa6-6b6f4f61c419-01.jpeg

It gives you the option to move back and forth a bit where as a lot of the aftermarket seats are quite sculptured and wide. Yes they give a bit more arse support but you have a very fixed riding position.

I fitted it on my classic and it looks great :cool:

[URL]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/zz124/blues-n-twos/seat.jpg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds][/URL]
I had thought of replacing the original saddle of my R18 first edition with the option 719. I wanted to ask you if it is significantly more comfy than the original one. I find the original saddle too hard and I wanted something noticeably softer without ruining the aesthetics of the bike.

(sorry for my bad english).

Back