How hard have you ridden?

In my opinion the engine will handle the kind of speeds Folo speaks of. I do not believe the engine screams at all, perhaps you have a helmet which whistles? Like you though, man, my head is wiggling around and it is very unpleasant. I have friends with faster machines. We depart at the same time, but I get there a little later than my pals. All those crotch and corner rockets, man, folks just pass on by. They walk over to see the head turning Beemer!
I will admit I have an Arai defiant-x that whistles a little and buffets way more because of the vents but down here in south florida the wind is more extreme since there is no real hills or forest to stop it from hitting you straight on. I think maybe after a while I can go get it tuned but at least on mine there is definitely something causing a high frequency buzz and odd behavior at higher speed that keeps me wary.

Not really a top speed bike... The Harley guys you see doing 100mph+ usually are rolling Brembo upgrades, Ohlins, etc, 800+lb bike realy should go too far past 100-110 for any length of time... If you want to cruise at 120 - try a Hayabusa, LOL

and honestly, a 1250 shouldn't be doing it either... too high to be safe at that speed... the RR is soooo nice at 140+ thought!!!
I agree. I’ve had 2 RRs, my 2011 I put 46k miles on it. That thing could cruise at 150 and it felt like you were doing 80.

Morning everyone!

My recent BMW bike night had me gunning after riders with K1600s, S1000XRs, 1250s etc on the highway. Past 80mph I'd feel like the bike doesn't like it. Granted, it'll hit 100 easy but I don't think these were made for sustained speed like that.

How hard have you guys pushed your R18s?
The R18 can be ridden fast. Heck people dont say it but i love its low slung nature in the twisties. Ha peg scrapers… ride fast enough and you wont scrape the pegs :). Anywho, I still ride quite a bit like I borrowed my bike from my father in law. The acceleration of the bike is like getting shot out of a cannon if you pull the loud handle hard enough. It will turn… and triple digit sight seeing on the slab is no big deal. And yes I ride a first edition with no windshield. I use an Arai helmet with a chin dam for fast riding on the slab.

But honestly, I have trouble not riding the bike at 80 on 50 MPH back roads. It likes to go. I’ve gotten my first ticket already on it and its not one of my bikes until I get a ticket :). Popped through a big sweeper marked 35 in a 40 mph zone… at 71 MPH :). Oops, officer I was just watching the road :)

Morning everyone!

My recent BMW bike night had me gunning after riders with K1600s, S1000XRs, 1250s etc on the highway. Past 80mph I'd feel like the bike doesn't like it. Granted, it'll hit 100 easy but I don't think these were made for sustained speed like that.

How hard have you guys pushed your R18s?
Pretty Hard

Back