Huge Discounts?

Joecbr

I've noticed many references to getting huge discounts on an R18. I'm getting ready to purchase a 2022 R18 in Northern Virginia. The dealer has it listed for $18,130, plus setup and doc fees of about $700. It has the premium package, Manhattan Metallic, spoked wheels, reverse assist, design package black, and black engine. This is the base R18. Is this a huge discount price? It would be nice to capture in one place the huge discounts others have gotten.

Please let me know the year, model, discount you received, and date of purchase. The above dealer price includes $1500 customer cash deduction. What should I offer? Thanks

Above seems about rightish. Looking back, maybe my deal was not the best around. It was for a 2021 R18FE with cruise and all the extras offered on that trim (though stock foot pegs). IMHO you have to get reverse, use it very time I back the bIke up into the garage.

At that time the BMW/offers taken were -
*$3,000 rebate (bmw paid the first 6 payments up to $333/mth). That helps me get closer to the date I take Social Security…well just a bit lol.
*BMWMOA member discount $500
.9% finance rate for term, in my case 40 months
Thus my cash price was $14,652 before taxes and title and doc fee (that was $195). Well, this cost does not include the Weekender seat upgrade, highway bars, and Leg Rest added.

Honestly, have not compared what other brands/models of cruisers are out there now days and price of them vs the bmw. In my book they would have to offer shaft drive, probably water cooling, comfort and maybe windscreen and bags and rear rack to be considered.

Then again, bmw was offering .9 finance rate at the time and I did not want to use my small savings of cash to buy it outright thus my guess is bmw was the only game in town several months back for my needs. Plus, I am a sucker for a boxer engine as it was my first bike back in the day. A 71 r75/5 :)

Try Cyclewerks in Barrington IL and ask for Adam. Just take into account you will need to pay to have it shipped, they have a father/son company that does that for the customer and I was very happy with the delivery.

Last, am a hugh fan of cruise control. As I am now retired I find the hands are not as user friendly as they were in my younger days.
If it has heated grips, cruise, headlight that turns into the turns, reverse, then I am thinking it has all the extras offered for base R18 mdoel. If it is your only bike consider instead the Classic or if you have the $ the Bagger. Many that by the base model, limited 3.5” rear suspension travel later upgrade to the Bagger or TC.

Last edited:
If you want to make it an epic journey where you fly and ride your bike home, I recommend Gateway BMW in St Louis. I've bought a few bikes from them over the years and have always been treated fairly. They have some of the best prices on R18's in the country and they are moving to a new location next month and have some models marked down even more. Here are two demo models I found in their inventory that make catch your interest.
Classic in your color for $15k OTD
and
Standard model for $12.5k

November - February are the best months to get great deals- if your dealer isn't offering a significant discount I'd try another dealer. MSRP + Freight + Setup is for people who buy in May. In November you can probably get 20% under MSRP and minimal or no extra charges on top. Even Harley and Indian dealers are dropping prices this time of year.

I think you couldn’t go wrong with Adam @ Cyclewerks or the guys at Gateway.
I buy my parts from Adam and I picked up my 21 base model “demo” from Gateway last year. I paid $11,000 with no setup or dealer fees. I only had to to pay my taxes and registration beck in Wisconsin when I got it home.

Darn, that was a steal of a deal and I second the thought to give CycleWerks a call and chat with Adam for bike sales if you looking and live on East Coast. No fees helps a lot on bottom line cost.

Last edited:
I like the look of the B, but the TC has many more useful features. So I bought the TC and sold the topbox.

Back