I put a couple things on eBay

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hi everyone

I'm jumping headlong into the bobber pool and have several items that I'm looking to move. I put my DK engine guard and front fender on eBay just now. A solid $150-200 less than retail+shipping.
Fender sold! Thanks Squeeps.

I'm also looking to sell my Fastback saddle. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmw-custom-fastback-seat-r18-2021?sku_id=10003554 While the saddle itself is a substantial upgrade from stock, the OEM passenger pillion is actually more comfortable for Mrs. TodkaVonic than the Fastback back bit is. When we ride two-up (rare) I'll just deal with the discomfort and decubitus ulcers and hemorrhoids the stock saddle inevitably causes. I'll take $300+shipping for it. I haven't put it on eBay because I don't have a box big enough and you kinda need that info to start a listing.

Last item(s) are my saddlebags. They're Italian buffalo leather from Franco Cuoio. https://www.francocuoio.it/product/custom-bag-triumph-dx/. I have two of those plus Easy Brackets https://leatherworksinc.com/products/r18-r1-easy-brackets. I'll take $500 +shipping for the whole shebang. No mods needed. Just attach the easy bracket docking points to the four fender sockets. The bags can be mounted or removed (with the key) in seconds. Some photos.

CD6E47AB-6AE4-4CEE-A250-D665388147A5.jpeg
2E736831-A674-4A07-805D-36D208055BF5.jpeg
95739D35-CC02-4402-95F2-72FC986AA876.jpeg
646A94CD-9454-46D8-B616-F6522763C011.jpeg
00AE3E33-CA49-4FC6-AE97-F6DB7C2B5779.jpeg
/it's always bothered me that one bag has a sueded interior and the other doesn't. It's like I got the very last of one batch and the very first of another.
//they look the same on the outside
///if you're interested in either the saddle or the bags, let me know

Last edited:
What bobber setup are you buying?
WalzWerks. They're 4-6 weeks out, so it'll be a bit.

Interesting little story though, I asked Wunderkind what was going on with the disclaimer that their bobber kits are ONLY for European market R18's. The response was that they simply didn't know if it would work. Harley and Indian electronics are different, but they don't have any experience with Euro vs US BMW's. I didn't ask if they'd sell me a kit to try because I had already ordered the WalzWerks one. Contrast that with Walzwerks and LMC who don't care what market your R18 is in and don't configure their bobber kits differently based on market.

So, bottom line, it sure seems like you can get whichever you and your wallet like the most.

Nice choice. The Walzwerks bobber setup, in my opinion, looks the most consistent with the original R18 concept. I’m very curious how you’re going to find the position and comfort of the seat. For me, I’m thinking Walzerks fender and the Wunderlich seat might be a good compromise ( just not able to stomach the price just yet, and I keep hoping that the BMW OEM kit will become available soon).

Attachments

• C65C64F8-E4AE-40D6-A20F-C6BB53C72EAB.jpeg
    C65C64F8-E4AE-40D6-A20F-C6BB53C72EAB.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 20
  • EF9239A5-89E7-4D0E-8EE1-214B4CC35166.jpeg
    EF9239A5-89E7-4D0E-8EE1-214B4CC35166.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 20
Just some observations from having constructed my own fully functional "bobber kit":

Can the "Bobber Seat" and the "Bobber Fender" be installed without the "Low Rider" Suspension kit?
What does the "Low Rider" suspension kit consist of?
Judging from the picture, these will not work with stock suspension components, interference problems due to suspension travel?
Looks that the suspension travel needs to be severely limited or the installation of a "Solid" shock thus making it a hardtail?
Changing the suspension travel will adversely affect ride comfort and handling.
Note the differences in fender to seat clearances in the 2 pictures below.
With stock suspension there is 1/2" clearance between my seat and the license under full rear suspension compression.
I toyed with the idea of replacing the rear shock with a solid bar thus lowering the bike and creating a "hard tail" eliminating rhe clearance problems.
Having built and ridden a hardtail in the early 1970s, FuGG that.
Suspension on the R18 is severely limited due to the driveshaft to frame clearance.
Looks like they copied my mufflers.
Have made a couple 400+ mile days on mine no problem.
When you receive these parts let me know if I am wrong.

241167914_4540185059337829_4763178313601573170_n.jpg

Complete2.JPG

Last edited:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…. Nonetheless, your bike doesn’t quite fit my personal vision of a bobber with the BarcaLounger seat. But again, different strokes for different folks, and tush comfort is a priority for many

Last edited:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…. Nonetheless, your bike doesn’t quite fit my personal vision of a bobber with the BarcaLounger seat. But again, different strokes for different folks, and tush comfort is a priority for many
I did not build it to look good to your brown eye.
I built to actually ride.
I am not a fan of bikes built to look at but not ride more than from bar to bar, or occupy the back of a pickup truck on the way to Sturgis.
So, show me a picture of your "beautiful bobber", not one you pulled off the internet that someone else built.

No need to get in a twist if one guy isn’t overly enthusiastic about the aesthetics of your hand hewn build. Different strokes for different folks. Ride in peace (and comfort) brotha. I’ll post pics of my bike after I strap on more store bought, off-the-shelf, poorly engineered, over priced bling (which I fully intend to do, as that’s fun for me) ;)

Last edited:
Nice choice. The Walzwerks bobber setup, in my opinion, looks the most consistent with the original R18 concept. I’m very curious how you’re going to find the position and comfort of the seat. For me, I’m thinking Walzerks fender and the Wunderlich seat might be a good compromise ( just not able to stomach the price just yet, and I keep hoping that the BMW OEM kit will become available soon).
Thanks. Here's what I do: I ride on nice days. I go for an hour or maybe two, tops. I stop, get gas, hit the toilet, grab a snickers. I ride another hour, stop at a historic marker or a viewpoint, walk around, take a photo, adjust my package, then ride another hour. I do this all day but rarely, if ever, overnight. I'll ride 300-400 miles/day but with frequent stops and really no agenda. I'm home by cocktail time. In other words, I'm not riding long enough (or frequently enough with a passenger) to justify a two-up LazyBoy with luggage. I knew it the moment that enormous Weekender saddle from Revzilla arrived. I was trying to make my R18 into something I didn't need or even like because of guilt about buying ANOTHER motorcycle. That's on me.

So what happened? Well, I reminded myself that I bought the R18 because of how the prototype looked. I didn't care how awkward the rider seemed with his ass lower than his knees or how much his back and shoulders surely must've hurt reaching the low-profile bars. No. It was 100% The Look. Ok, so let's do that. Step 1) bobber kit. And....that's where I am. I foresee new bars in black, stubby exhaust, custom paint, a side license plate solution, and a really sore behind, and back, and shoulders, and thighs probably too. But only until the next stop, which I guarantee, isn't more than 120 minutes away.

Regarding your WalzWerks fender/Wunderkind saddle plan, I agree on both points. The fender is the best looking and the saddle is the most comfortable looking bobber on offer. It would be a wonderful and very expensive match. I was a bit opposed to how "factory" the Wunderkind saddle looked. Maybe a bit too much like the Triumph bobber saddle? My fall-back, should the WalzWerk saddle be absolutely atrocious, is the OEM bobber saddle. I know I just contradicted myself. What could be more factory than actual factory? Shrug. There's also a wider leather option from LMC...but that gets you up to WalzWerk prices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyk
I dig it. Agree completely. Fell in love with the concept bike, and hope to recreate that spirit, but with a certain amount of compromise. I have other bikes to suit other needs. I’m digging the Winderlich seat in brown (albeit not quite as close to the concept bike as the Walzwerk seat). Seams to likely be in a bit more of a reasonable position for me.

Attachments

• E3AD8325-8D5A-4D0D-91A2-6DB31B200DC1.png
    E3AD8325-8D5A-4D0D-91A2-6DB31B200DC1.png
    326.5 KB · Views: 24
  • FFF13B32-F265-4876-8A9A-A2557387394B.jpeg
    FFF13B32-F265-4876-8A9A-A2557387394B.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi everyone

I'm jumping headlong into the bobber pool and have several items that I'm looking to move. I put my DK engine guard and front fender on eBay just now. A solid $150-200 less than retail+shipping.

I'm also looking to sell my Fastback saddle. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/bmw-custom-fastback-seat-r18-2021?sku_id=10003554 While the saddle itself is a substantial upgrade from stock, the OEM passenger pillion is actually more comfortable for Mrs. TodkaVonic than the Fastback back bit is. When we ride two-up (rare) I'll just deal with the discomfort and decubitus ulcers and hemorrhoids the stock saddle inevitably causes. I'll take $300+shipping for it. I haven't put it on eBay because I don't have a box big enough and you kinda need that info to start a listing.

Last item(s) are my saddlebags. They're Italian buffalo leather from Franco Cuoio. https://www.francocuoio.it/product/custom-bag-triumph-dx/. I have two of those plus Easy Brackets https://leatherworksinc.com/products/r18-r1-easy-brackets. I'll take $500 +shipping for the whole shebang. No mods needed. Just attach the easy bracket docking points to the four fender sockets. The bags can be mounted or removed (with the key) in seconds. Some photos.

View attachment 2803
View attachment 2804
View attachment 2805
View attachment 2806
View attachment 2807
/there are plastic quick release clasps below the chromed buckles.
//if you're interested in either the saddle or the bags, let me know
///PayPal
I just bought the fender, do me a solid and ship it fast please. I'm moving next week 😅 (y)

I dig it. Agree completely. Fell in love with the concept bike, and hope to recreate that spirit, but with a certain amount of compromise. I have other bikes to suit other needs. I’m digging the Winderlich seat in brown (albeit not quite as close to the concept bike as the Walzwerk seat). Seams to likely be in a bit more of a reasonable position for me.
So you have nothing but pictures from the internet.

I am on the wait list as well. I have the 18-21 set up. Although the tail is 'bobbed' I really thing the Walzwerk set up leans considerably closer to the American cruiser than a bobber.

We all have differing tastes. I think the bmw 'bobber' seat looks silly on the r18 and when seen ridden in the videos the rider looks like he is in a monte python skit. YMMV To me that bobber seat looks better on the older bikes with its seemingly more vertical lines up front.

Each to our own. Ride on everyone!

Here’s question…it appears (again just from photos gathered from the internet) that the tire clearance to the fender is quite a bit different between the Wunderlich and Wakzwerk versions. Are there any practical reasons to think about with such a seemingly tight tolerance in the Wakzwerk one (especially perhaps if getting caught out in the rain)? I imagine the tight fit will improve any seat to fender clearance issue, but might be an issue if it rains or if there’s any dirt or gravel on the road. Just a few thoughts.

Attachments

• 18E9410E-D48A-4E98-A3B3-C6E60E69B641.png
    18E9410E-D48A-4E98-A3B3-C6E60E69B641.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 17A03A60-FCA0-4F82-8F4A-73FB8663E06C.jpeg
    17A03A60-FCA0-4F82-8F4A-73FB8663E06C.jpeg
    786.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Black Dog,

Out of all due respect, you are nuts! Their exhaust is much nicer looking!! (Subjective opinion). Kudos to you for fabricating it yourself however. Kudos to you as well for multiple 400 mile trips. I’m beat up at the 250 mark. Not so much from seat comfort, but from wind fatigue. Going 70 mph + is a constant fight against the wind. Now, cruising at 40-60 is quite pleasant.

Black Dog,

Out of all due respect, you are nuts! Their exhaust is much nicer looking!! (Subjective opinion). Kudos to you for fabricating it yourself however. Kudos to you as well for multiple 400 mile trips. I’m beat up at the 250 mark. Not so much from seat comfort, but from wind fatigue. Going 70 mph + is a constant fight against the wind. Now, cruising at 40-60 is quite pleasant.
Crank it up to the 80 - 90 range, join the rest of us old men who ride with a red cane strapped to the handle bars.

Here’s question…it appears (again just from photos gathered from the internet) that the tire clearance to the fender is quite a bit different between the Wunderlich and Wakzwerk versions. Are there any practical reasons to think about with such a seemingly tight tolerance in the Wakzwerk one (especially perhaps if getting caught out in the rain)? I imagine the tight fit will improve any seat to fender clearance issue, but might be an issue if it rains or if there’s any dirt or gravel on the road. Just a few thoughts.
I’ll ride really slowly over gravel😅

That said, there’s likely a little adjustment available with the WalzWerks fender. If you look at how it’s connected, the side bars insets into metal sockets which attach to the swing arm. There are grub screws which hold the bars in place. I foresee the ability to withdraw the bars a bit, if needed, to provide a titch more clearance.

I’ll ride really slowly over gravel😅

That said, there’s likely a little adjustment available with the WalzWerks fender. If you look at how it’s connected, the side bars insets into metal sockets which attach to the swing arm. There are grub screws which hold the bars in place. I foresee the ability to withdraw the bars a bit, if needed, to provide a titch more clearance.
Last time I rode any distance on an unpaved road was the Chief Joseph highway over Dead Indian pass in 1990, and the last 11 miles up Pikes Peak in 1991 before it was paved. Although the ride from Rifle, Co to Graig, CO using Hwy 13 to 317 to 33 can prove to be quite interesting. I would say they have eliminated the sand traps by now but, I will bet the mustangs are still around. Riding with the Buffalo in Custer State Park in SD is always fun. Splitting lanes in Sao Paulo, Brazil is not for the faint of heart.

caralo, puta que paria, que porra isso, filo da puta
Been there done that.
My ride to work every morning for 3 years.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the Walzwerk bobber kit as well and agree that it's the most true to the concept. I like the fact that they offer a version with a painted fender and the ability to choose either a 16" or 18" rear wheel. Assuming that you will retain the factory 16" wheel versus moving to the larger size? That's something that I'm thinking through before I pull the trigger. Replacing the wheels would add substantially to the cost but I like the look and this would be the time to do it if you think you'd ever want to. With the Classic, I'd have to replace front and rear if I went this route so I'm probably going to stay with the current set up.

Back