I want winglets on my bagger but I don't want to do any modifications

I DIY my winglets and it does not cost much, maybe less than $15.00 for the top portions.
I also added the bottom portions and it works out wells, no wind from the chest down to the ankle.

Attachments

• 20230424_133846.jpg
    20230424_133846.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230503_062509.jpg
    20230503_062509.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Does your bike currently have the BMW OEM Engine Protection Bar installed? If so, I went all in with the Lower Leg Wind Protection, Winglets, Auxiliary Lights and TC blinkers/Mounting Bar; I found a huge wind reduction above 60 mph with the Lower Leg Wind Protection and Winglets in place, with the stock Bagger windshield.

I love the way my R18 B looks, and was able to keep it BMW stock, without any modifications which would take away from its value.

Sounds like you have done what I want to do to my bagger. Mind me asking where you got the lower leg wind protection?

I just bought what I think is the same thing off of Ebay, and just mounted them to my R18B. It isn't that I'm unwilling to spend the money on the OEM stuff, but I wanted to give this a try to see if it reduced the buffeting I am feeling off of the fairing right about in the mid-helmet spot.

I just took it for a ride and got up to 65 mph and it does seem to make a pronounced difference. They are removable so it isn't a huge penalty to take off if I need more airflow. For $55 shipped (took a week from China to Arizona) I think it's a win. These are the "brown" (smoked) ones just for the record.

1699574614076.png

1699574701090.png

I just bought what I think is the same thing off of Ebay, and just mounted them to my R18B. It isn't that I'm unwilling to spend the money on the OEM stuff, but I wanted to give this a try to see if it reduced the buffeting I am feeling off of the fairing right about in the mid-helmet spot.

I just took it for a ride and got up to 65 mph and it does seem to make a pronounced difference. They are removable so it isn't a huge penalty to take off if I need more airflow. For $55 shipped (took a week from China to Arizona) I think it's a win. These are the "brown" (smoked) ones just for the record.

View attachment 12213

View attachment 12214
I think they look good and compliment the color scheme of your bike. For $55.00 I think they are a good deal. Are they fixed on the out position or can they retract a bit if you need extra air flow?

I have the OEM Winglets on my Model B;.there's an absolute difference above 50 mph when the Winglets are in the opened vs closed position.

Depending on temperature and riding speed, I'm constantly adjusting the Winglets while on the move..

Thanks Scott.
I have not fitted the winglets to my B and to be honest I don’t have turbulence issues (or I may have become accustomed to them) but I have had this mod on my radar for quite some time.

Thanks Scott.
I have not fitted the winglets to my B and to be honest I don’t have turbulence issues (or I may have become accustomed to them) but I have had this mod on my radar for quite some time.
I agree, I really can't say I suffer from the "buffeting" issue; however, the adjustable Winglets allow for some wind management... 1st world problems..

View attachment 12213

View attachment 12214

This sounds pretty positive, got a link to them?

I think they look good and compliment the color scheme of your bike. For $55.00 I think they are a good deal. Are they fixed on the out position or can they retract a bit if you need extra air flow?
Hi Anibal- sorry for the delay in replying. They are fixed position but do seem to help with the buffeting.

Here’s the link to the exact product I purchased.

R18B winglet

Back