If you did it over again...base fe with reverse or Classic no reverse?

I do not think someone at a BMW service center would charge you 150 for a valve adjustment.... I love my bike, I just do not like BMW as a Company ! ! !
That was the quote I was given. The service writer said there was no parts, just labor. Even if it ended up $200, it's only every 6k. I plan on getting it done once, having the tech, document the specs, and what he found, so I can do it after that...I will post my findings and cost, once it is done. I am over 4k now, so we shall see in 2 months.

I’m disappointed with Bmw customer service and the fact they refuse to return phone calls and emails.
Same old same old….once they have your cash they aren’t interested in any issues you may have with the bike. Everything is like pushing water up hill!
They need to take a leaf out of Triumphs book, their sales, customer service and after sales are spot on.

My reverse is still flakey (always works when I test it on a flat surface and don't need it, never works when I actually do need it). Yes I've read the manual, understand the limitations, etc., but that's the way it is on my particular bike. It matters so little to me though that it's not worth taking it in to have it dealt with. It came on my Classic First Edition, which I got because I prefer the pipes on the classic, as well as the lights up front. So, for me, I'd definitely go Classic with no reverse vs standard FE with reverse.

Back