If you were to choose again, would you choose R18 classic or R18?

If you were to choose again, would you choose R18 classic or R18? I'm going to get my bike in March, the dealer says i can decide again which one i want the classic or the normal R18.
I mean the classic look like is fully equip and it can be transform back to the normal one, the only thing that i'm not sure is the 16" front wheel, the look is not my style., what benefit of 16" over 19" wheel??
For normal R18 is awesome but when you ride above 80 miles the wind is crazy, knowing the seating style there are no place to grip your knee.

Thank you

I already have a touring bike, so I'm in the same category as Enzo5000. The R18 will be my lightweight hotrod for the twisty roads.

If you were to choose again, would you choose R18 classic or R18? I'm going to get my bike in March, the dealer says i can decide again which one i want the classic or the normal R18.
I mean the classic look like is fully equip and it can be transform back to the normal one, the only thing that i'm not sure is the 16" front wheel, the look is not my style., what benefit of 16" over 19" wheel??
For normal R18 is awesome but when you ride above 80 miles the wind is crazy, knowing the seating style there are no place to grip your knee.

Thank you

A couple thoughts: you mention that the classic can be transformed back to standard. Yes, it absolutely can, but it sounds like the main complaint you have of the standard (wind) is also mitigated by one of the defining characteristic of the classic---it's windscreen. I'm unconvinced that you will "change it back." Thus, if you foresee having a windscreen regardless, I'd lean towards the classic rather than retrofitting a standard.
The smaller front wheel size is displeasing to my tastes as well but can surely be exchanged with the larger version on the standard. Hell, you may even find someone here looking to bobber-out their R18 and willing to simply swap wheels/tires with you. The beach bars/bobber seat/smaller front wheel aesthetic is terrific.
Last, regarding your question, I'm happy with my First Edition because I have no intention of buying a windscreen, I already had saddlebags, and while I'm not enamored of the pipes, the ones on the classic aren't appreciably better. They're more typical, for sure, and less likely to provoke a reaction, but, well, i'm kinda digging the standing-out part.

There's no wrong choice here so enjoy the "problem."
good luck!

Nate

I like the classic but my First Edition is unlikely to go far beyond the nearest London and surrounds Starbucks except on rare occasions so the unadorned look is the one for me.

Back