Innovv dash cam

Think I have my bagger figured out.

I have a Wunderlich tail rack which has an unusually small 16mm tube design. Fortunately I still had my SP Connect mirror mount which I can cannibalize the mounting bracket (just so happens to fit a 16mm bar). That will be where I will mount the rear camera.

On the front, I was tempted to use the same mounting point you did under the headlight, but I was a little concerned about clearance with the front fork travel and the possibility of the camera hitting the fender. Same thing happened when I mounted the Wunderlich front fork mounted tool bag on my classic. It dented the fender pretty bad. Yours looks fine with plenty of room, but I believe the front fender on the bagger sits much lower and there is maybe 5-6 inches of clearance between the fender and the front fairing as it is. So as an alternative, I simply mounted the Innovv-supplied bracket to the right turn signal which is mounted on the fork tube.

Remote should adhere nicely to the dash next to one of the speakers.

GPS should fit nicely directly behind the passenger seat pilon. There is a large enough silver plate where the bolt for the seat goes through on the bagger. I will probably put the GPS under that plate which looks elevated enough off the fender due to the Wunderlich tail rack design (or simply adhere to the top of the plate in a similar fashion to your license plate frame).

That leaves the DVR and power converter, which should easily fit under the seat. But I might mount the DVR behind one of the panels like you did.

Will post picks once I have it done (likely Thursday).

I tapped into the power socket for the switched live with the other two wires connected directly to the battery. So far so good. If anyone needs pics or details of the install, I can post the same here.
I am a little hesitant about this if using a BMW trickle charger on that port (which I do and I am sure others do as well). Won't any kind of current through that (even running to the battery for charging) trip the Innovv to turn on and potentially drain battery?

Have you tried that?

I am a little hesitant about this if using a BMW trickle charger on that port (which I do and I am sure others do as well). Won't any kind of current through that (even running to the battery for charging) trip the Innovv to turn on and potentially drain battery?

Have you tried that?
Hi Hanse

Been running a trickle charger via the power outlet for the past 12 months plus. The bike can spend up to eight weeks or more without being moved as I work away. So far I have always come home to a fully charged bike.

Some pics of the install. I had to move the front camera which I originally intended to mount on the front turn signal, but turning the handlebars pulled the cable. Instead, I mounted the camera just above the remote unit (no pic yet). There is a t25 bolt under the windshield just above the dash. This would probably not have worked either if I had the bagger windshield (I put the TC windshield on mine). Alternatively, you can mount the camera on one of the windshield bolts and have the camera sit outside the windshield.

Also had to cut a bit of the plastic and remove the leather strap holder for the rear pilon seat to make the DVR unit fit where I have it. But it now sits nice and clean under the existing wires.

I have not yet wired power though. Looking at the battery and the instructions it is definitely more complex than I had hoped. You have to remove part of the exhaust, to remove the left passenger peg, to then be able to access the battery completely. The instructions also indicate some kind of extension for the positive terminal that I simply cannot see. I am probably going to have my local shop just hook up the power given the complexity. But otherwise the mounting is all done.

Attachments

• 1000002048.jpg
    1000002048.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 1000002049.jpg
    1000002049.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • 1000002050.jpg
    1000002050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 1000002054.jpg
    1000002054.jpg