Interesting exhaust options?

So I see most companies are offering the same uninteresting bolt on stuff, some of the prices are just insane (Remus asking $4k for slip ons? Zard $3500 for the same?!), sure there’s freedom that are well priced but the Oz importer isn’t interested in their lineup so no accessible in Australia.

So.. I see the odd concept pics with cool short shark fins but again $3-4k for 2 slipons seems mental.

Any options I haven’t seen or considered?

Drill out the baffles. Open the flapper valves. Remove th me cats. Dream world….
Can’t mod the factory exhaust here, need to be able to go back to stock for police checks.

So yeah aftermarket, but anything a little different or unique, I’ve seen square fishtail sort of things but aside from the polish company making them at $3500 which seems ridiculous for a couple of slip ons

Can’t mod the factory exhaust here, need to be able to go back to stock for police checks.

So yeah aftermarket, but anything a little different or unique, I’ve seen square fishtail sort of things but aside from the polish company making them at $3500 which seems ridiculous for a couple of slip ons
94938C17-D1F5-48E9-A7FF-E7FE4B370A45.jpeg

Nice in theory, not an option where I live.. got sick of being pulled over twice every ride and doing the dog squad dance. (Ps I hate highway patrol cops with a burning passion, part of why I dont have a Harley anymore, being harassed about tattoos, club affiliations etc is a fckn pain)

Being defected for a loud exhaust here is a serious pain if you don’t have a stock one to get the defect cleared.

These are supposed to make the bike sound a bit louder by keeping the flapper open at all times.
I am not a fan of drilling out the stock mufflers.Never know when I may need them.

These guys are based in Oz

I’m thinking Ztechnik will soon have a muffler for the R18. They sold well on the R1200C.

There is a company in Poland that sold me a set of mufflers. The brand was “Kalinski”.

Yup, same here.
Last time I had to spend almost 1k to be able to have the motorcycle registration back.
You basically have to have the dealer install the original back, sign some papers, have the motorcycle towed to the state center for the inspection and if the bike passes, you can have the registration back.
It is a nightmare.

There is a company in Poland that sold me a set of mufflers. The brand was “Kalinski”.
Older post, I know. But have been looking at the Kalinski mufflers / silencers / slip'ons and was wondering what your thoughts were? I can't find any reviews or You Tube content on them for the R18.

Also, on this topic, can anyone tell me the difference between the US Spec vs UK Spec Vance and Hines? Right now I am assuming the US Spec have the tag weld for the db killer removal screws which can be easily ground off allowing you to remove the db killers and the UK spec version are E5 homologated and have no way of removing the baffles. But this is just my assumption as I can't find any actual info on this.

Wunderlich sells the Jekill & Hyde exhaust systems; I installed them on my Model B and like the sound and look.

I went on the Jekill & Hyde website and was playing around with the configuration tool on the site; I like the below look for the R18 Classic..

1683928571606.png

Last edited:
Back