Is it possible to reset service warning

You are halfway there. Download Motoscan free app to your phone, upgrade the Motoscan app to Pro version somewhere around $30 (Pro version will let you reset the service light).

While the Obdlink is sync with the phone like you had it, now open Motoscan app Pro from your phone, from Motoscan Pro app select R series -->, R18 -->, K35 (Bagger) -->, Instrument Cluster -->, Servive Reset, from here you can reset it by date/miles. See sample from this video link
I just reset my engine service light using the LX unit today.I normally use my iPhone here in the USA.When I travel back to my wifes country i have a android phone which is needed to use the LX unit and download the apps.I had a bit of a problem today as I have not used the android phone since covid.that being said I needed a update the google apps .After diong that she worked like a charm.When I was done,I had a new code with a picture of a key and a battery wtf???
Then I thought,KEY FOB.Sure enough,I replaced the CR2032 fob battery and the dash code disappeared.LOL!
You do have to purchase the app for moto scan but the next to the top app is more reasonablly priced and it will do all you need it to do.
BTY,the OBD2 LX also is all that is needed the higher priced MX is not needed.
Like the video said,sometimes you will need to turn the phone off,rebutte or start over if there are any issues.

I read some of these post. So can we summarize: I have 2021 R18 Classic First Ed. I have an IPhone (NOT ANDROID). I want to reset maintenance light for oil change. What do I need to purchase?

As a slight update, I was able to reset my factory service indicator with the GS911 USB model. I had to update the software on my PC, but it immediately recognized the bike, added it to my registry and reset the date for me.

As a slight update, I was able to reset my factory service indicator with the GS911 USB model. I had to update the software on my PC, but it immediately recognized the bike, added it to my registry and reset the date for me.
Nice!!! ... while you are at it (and if you are so inclined) you can adjust it to the mileage and/or date you want it to be ;)

I do it with OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and Motoscan Professional app
/\ This. Still works on my 2023 R1250 GS, Least expensive option. Does require an Android based smartphone, not sure if it works with Apple products.

Side note, MotoScan works on the metric system for the mileage. 10,000 km (default number) entered works out to about 6217 miles. Close enough for your oll changes, since BMW bases it on the metric system. Entering 9700 (km) should get you 6027 miles until next service due.

Last edited:
Back