Just bought an R18FE in UK

Hi all

Always wanted an R18 as the hype to launch grew in 2020 but was shocked by the price as it would only be a 2nd bike for me. Luckily just 3 years in I’ve managed to buy a sept 2020 model with all the general extras, (reverse, heated grips, etc) with just 700 miles in the clock at £9,740. Very happy with that and I’ll probably keep it for ever as it is only intended as a Sunday bimbler to the coast, coffee stop or motorcycle meet. I currently have a K1600GT (2022) and have had GSs and GSAs for more distant multi-day trips.

Anyhow, hope to read some good ideas and experiences here

Nick Hodge
Southampton, UK

Hi and welcome Nick..... I commented on your tube video.... my prediction for you is that your 18 will become your fav "4 hr or less" ride bike in "ok plus" weather.... especially if the rear shock, seat and maybe heel/toe shifter is sorted.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome Nick..... I commented on your tube video.... my prediction for you is that your 18 will become your fav "4 hr or less" ride bike in "ok plus" weather.... especially if the rear shock, seat and maybe heel/toe shifter is sorted.
Ah. Fortunately footboards whilst maybe completing the look is one option not on the bike. I have pegs. The one I tried back in 2020 had heel/toe shifter and that would take some getting used to

Ah. Fortunately footboards whilst maybe completing the look is one option not on the bike. I have pegs. The one I tried back in 2020 had heel/toe shifter and that would take some getting used to
Surprisingly you would get use to it pretty quick. I often switch between my K1600 GTL and my R18. My R18 is the first bike I have riden with heel/toe after 38 years of riding and I am pretty comfortable with it. Yes I occasionally down shift instead of up and vise versa but this is with less than 400 miles on the R18.

Last edited:
Same here. Although I can fit my left foot under the shifter, I find myself using the heel shifter once in a while without thinking about it. Don’t know why, maybe I am doing it subconsciously.
This is also my first bike with heel/toe shifting and centre controls and I love her.

Hi all

Always wanted an R18 as the hype to launch grew in 2020 but was shocked by the price as it would only be a 2nd bike for me. Luckily just 3 years in I’ve managed to buy a sept 2020 model with all the general extras, (reverse, heated grips, etc) with just 700 miles in the clock at £9,740. Very happy with that and I’ll probably keep it for ever as it is only intended as a Sunday bimbler to the coast, coffee stop or motorcycle meet. I currently have a K1600GT (2022) and have had GSs and GSAs for more distant multi-day trips.

Anyhow, hope to read some good ideas and experiences here

Nick Hodge
Southampton, UK
Congratulations on your new ride.
Ride safe ☮️

Back