Just got on board

Nope... A simple plug & play Light Emitting Diode replacement... (The installation, which involves the wiring is pretty labor intensive; however, very straightforward). If you don't own metric or torx type tools, go get some...

I attached the BMW installation document, which doesn't call for any programming; plus, I replaced my B model Blinkers with Blinkers designed to fit on the TC without any issues or error codes.

Interesting! It seems BMW themselves suggest a dealer will have to touch it?
  • Extremely small LED turn indicator for a minimalist appearance
  • Replaces the larger standard component
  • Very high luminosity and excellent visibility
  • Cabling and waterproof BMW plug included
  • Coding by an authorised BMW Motorrad Retailer necessary after installation
  • Colour: black

That would not, but I’m not holding my breath with the minis.
Probably a tricky way, to get folks to have the work completed at the dealership; the parts will cost under $300, the installation cost will most likely be North of that number, since the installation requires the entire front fairing to be disassembled.

Do you have the part number or other info. I cannot locate them, but sure sounds like a strong possibility to fix the winglet issue
https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...set-mini-led-blinkers-front-black-77515a1a282

I have some on order. My dealer said they’re sold singularly but I’m not so sure. Some places they’re described as a set as in the link above and some I’ve seen them described as a left or right indicator. Guess I won’t know for sure until they arrive but getting reimbursed for one of them would be great as they’re not cheap 😂 They will 100% fix the rubbing issue though.
Please let me know how they workout for you. Thanks again

Please let me know how they workout for you. Thanks again
Will do, I am unsure about the need for coding. Install manual doesn’t mention it but it does on the accessory page which is odd.

I was talking to an R18 owner a few months back who had had his one customised by Pier City Cycles and from what he said to me, when they did just the front indicators it was fine, when they added the rears at a later date was what gave an issue. I’m hoping as it’s just the front I’m changing it’ll be fine.

I looked at this pretty closely during the conversion of my Model B directionals, towards adding the TC Auxiliary Lights and Blinkers; the directionals are simply two wires at 12 V DC. The error codes are typically generated by monitoring the current draw; this is why we see older cars and such generate error codes indicating that bulbs failed after folks upgrade to LED lights. A Light Emitting Diode draws very little current i.e. the two newly installed Auxiliary Lights that I installed draws less than an amp (see picture)

I can't see an OEM offered accessory, causing error codes.

Attachments

• IMG_20220902_103358111.jpg
    IMG_20220902_103358111.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Back