Just ride the damn thing! Share your adventures!

My parking buddy while having breakfast:
BxNZflX.jpeg
NPn0qzx.jpeg

I wanted a documented SS1000 but a 2.5 hr sit on I85 awaiting an accident to clear while it was 34deg ended that aspect of the ride. I was cold and while I did 1030 or so miles in much less than 24hrs I skipped the stops to get receipts at the end that was required for showing route turns. It became a safety issue, the cold wore me out and I needed to get home.

Bike was amazing. Stock seat, bars, floorboards all felt fine for my 6'4" frame and 14 boots. Stock windscreen, no issues. This bike eats miles.

At 700 miles in looks like my moving avg was mid 70mph and that sounds right, did lots of cruise control at 80ish.

Computer showed 40 or 41mpg prior to the trip and 36 at the end. Looking forward to crash bar highway pegs but I did just use the heads. My boots scratch the top of the head covers but its a bike, its not for show. No other observations other than I need to find a rear bag and mount or something up front for a tank bag. Oh, headlight (base model) is best stock of any bike I have ridden. Range is ok, not sure if its me or what but I have taken it to less than 10 miles remaining several times but have never put more than 5.2g in the supposed 6.28g tank. Stopling every 200 miles is my normal anyhow but I miss not being able to alternate rest stops vs gas stops with my last bikes 400 mile+ range (aux tank).20221113_071149.jpg20221113_183029.jpg20221113_071523.jpg20221113_162824.jpg

I wanted a documented SS1000 but a 2.5 hr sit on I85 awaiting an accident to clear while it was 34deg ended that aspect of the ride. I was cold and while I did 1030 or so miles in much less than 24hrs I skipped the stops to get receipts at the end that was required for showing route turns. It became a safety issue, the cold wore me out and I needed to get home.

Bike was amazing. Stock seat, bars, floorboards all felt fine for my 6'4" frame and 14 boots. Stock windscreen, no issues. This bike eats miles.

At 700 miles in looks like my moving avg was mid 70mph and that sounds right, did lots of cruise control at 80ish.

Computer showed 40 or 41mpg prior to the trip and 36 at the end. Looking forward to crash bar highway pegs but I did just use the heads. My boots scratch the top of the head covers but its a bike, its not for show. No other observations other than I need to find a rear bag and mount or something up front for a tank bag. Oh, headlight (base model) is best stock of any bike I have ridden. Range is ok, not sure if its me or what but I have taken it to less than 10 miles remaining several times but have never put more than 5.2g in the supposed 6.28g tank. Stopling every 200 miles is my normal anyhow but I miss not being able to alternate rest stops vs gas stops with my last bikes 400 mile+ range (aux tank).View attachment 7823View attachment 7824View attachment 7825View attachment 7826
Owners manual states that there is a 1 gal. of reserve fuel; that might be the missing difference in what you're observing?

I agree, stock windscreen, floorboards, handlebars and seating is all good right off the showroom floor. I tried the leg rest, it wasn't for me... I'm only 5'9", mostly due to short legs (30-31" inseam)

I’d like to hit the highest road of every state across my fleet.

I took the R18 Classic on a day trip route thru NJ, eastern PA and then back home to NY a few weeks ago as the fall foliage peaked. Along the way, stopped at the High Point Memorial in NJ, highest road in NJ.

While it’s not the highest road in the country at 1803 feet, it did provide great views of all 3 states and was only a few hours away.C965B4AE-59D0-46DB-B54B-31B7160E50A1.jpeg

Looks like a blast. Sounds like the start of a joke. There’s gotta be a good punch line somehow…
Harley...any trouble on the trip, the Indian should be leading the way, the R18 is lost and just cursing
Looks like a blast. Sounds like the start of a joke. There’s gotta be a good punch line somehow…
Harley...any trouble on the trip, the Indian should be leading the way, the R18 is lost and just Cruising.

I’d like to hit the highest road of every state across my fleet.

I took the R18 Classic on a day trip route thru NJ, eastern PA and then back home to NY a few weeks ago as the fall foliage peaked. Along the way, stopped at the High Point Memorial in NJ, highest road in NJ.

While it’s not the highest road in the country at 1803 feet, it did provide great views of all 3 states and was only a few hours away.View attachment 7851
My parents grew up in Milford PA and moved back to retire there. I spent a lot of summers near High Point as a kid and see that monument whenever I visit.

Great roads!

I did 5 weeks in Europe: Oxford - Calais - Strasbourg - Black Forest - Lake of Constance - Arlberg - Paso Resia - Lake Garda - Verona - Florence - Montepulciano - Naples - Amalfi - Orvieto - Pisa - Cinque Terre - Asti - Paso Lombardia - Nice - Aix-en-Provence - Camargue - Carcassonne - Lourdes - Biarritz - Cognac - Vitre - Cherbourg - Portsmouth - Oxford.

I did 5 weeks in Europe: Oxford - Calais - Strasbourg - Black Forest - Lake of Constance - Arlberg - Paso Resia - Lake Garda - Verona - Florence - Montepulciano - Naples - Amalfi - Orvieto - Pisa - Cinque Terre - Asti - Paso Lombardia - Nice - Aix-en-Provence - Camargue - Carcassonne - Lourdes - Biarritz - Cognac - Vitre - Cherbourg - Portsmouth - Oxford.
Wow!! Thats some trip and some mileage in five weeks. Well done you.

Back