Just took delivery of my new R18 Classic!

Adrian R

Finally pulled the trigger. Local dealer delivered my bike yesterday. 20 degrees F. I took it for a short spin. Was thinking it should have been a colder ride then it was, but then it dawned on me the heated grips and full shield really helped! Bike runs okay...but she's stiff and brand new! Can't wait to spin up some miles, change fluids..and twist the throttle more deeply. Sounds good. Went with the no pinstripe version. Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_20220121_195242__01.jpg
    IMG_20220121_195242__01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220121_194607.jpg
    IMG_20220121_194607.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
I picked up my Classic in mid December and rode thru cold weather. 20F even with heated grips and windscreen felt pretty cold after an hour, but 30F and higher was all day riding. Unfortunately past few weeks has been snow and freezing rain and my driveway and surrounding roads have lots of ice, so my R18 is stuck at about 800 miles.

I've had my First Edition since the beginning of December and love it.

If the ride is rough, check the suspension settings. They are set for shipment and it seems that many dealers don't set it for riding. The setting is specific to weight.

Lol - I picked mine up Christmas Eve & it hasn;t been ridden since.

Zero degrees centigrade, salt on the roads.... I will wait for the weather to turn!

15 miles only on the clock.

I've taken a bit of pleasure making the garage nice & tidy, wall mounting a bettery conditioner etc.... big plans for the warmer months!

Back