Leg Rest ( AKA Highway pegs)

Ordered a set of leg rest in October and am still waiting. I understand all of the issues facing us all these days. BMW should have had a reasonable supply of accessories in dealerships when the TC and bagger were released. Sadly, there will never be a serious aftermarket for these bikes. Having to rely on BMW for accessories has been a disappointment.

Ordered a set of leg rest in October and am still waiting. I understand all of the issues facing us all these days. BMW should have had a reasonable supply of accessories in dealerships when the TC and bagger were released. Sadly, there will never be a serious aftermarket for these bikes. Having to rely on BMW for accessories has been a disappointment.
It's the same everywhere- Ford released the Bronco without only about 10% of the advertised parts available. Guys who need Harley parts are waiting 6-9 months to get very simple things. My buddy had a barrel on order with CMMG and it's been backordered for over a year. BMW isn't the only company facing delays in getting parts to customers.

Delays are across the board & still affecting a huge stretch of stuff - BMW are one of many many many seeing issues getting accessories etc.

It's the time we live in - be glad you can get food & afford toys like these in the first place.
Yes, and we're on the brink of yet ANOTHER devastating European war! W T F!!!

I love my R18 BUT BMW has been terrible with their release of accessories and repair manuals for the R18 models. They knew they would be building this bike quite a few years ago, published and promised a full line of accessories and still haven't managed to "step up" in any way. It's easier to blame "everything and everybody else" for this but the problem sits squarely on BMW's shoulders. I have no problem finding what I need for HD, my Ducati, my K1600B or even my Motus (out of business!!)...ONLY WITH THE R18. When I've written about this on this forum before I've been told I sound like a "broken record" but the fact remains if you want to make certain changes to the R18 that are easily accomplished on other brands you are forced "think outside of the box" and be creative. The issue with that is many riders haven't the time or inclination to experiment and would prefer to go to the accessory market that BMW promised during the sale but still hasn't fulfilled after the sale. This forum has many members who are willing to help (me included) and overcome this self-caused issue with BMW and this model. I continue to be impressed with the workarounds that have come from this forum!

I see zero problems mounting hwy pegs on a set of crash bars. That's what I'll do. There's quite a few options as to where to place them. You just need to buy two universal mount pegs.
Your idea is probably what most folks will do.I have the mustache highway bars on my Indian that have detachable lowers.Attaching hwy pegs is a better option than laying my calves on the bars.Besides,I'm not liking the look of shopping cart leg rest.That being said,maybe BMW is re-thinking this accessory if there isn't more interest.

I've been doing some research on the subject of highway pegs, and this seems to be a good option to offer full adjustability, though the pegs are a bit bulky.

1) Motech crash bars (available in EU and US) which have the vertical bar that extends under the cylinders.

2) Kuryakyn fully adjustable pegs that mount to a vertical bar.

Note: the pegs are designed for the Honda Valkyrie or Gold Wing and may need some modification. If anyone sees something that might be a better option, please let us know here.

Thoughts?

These look nice…
18850-000 Part #
might have to cancel my bmw Leg Rest order and get these instead. Thinking these look a lot cleaner to my way of thinking. Maybe warmer though then the bmw Leg Rest though.

Attachments

• 8A2C6848-AFD4-403F-AC64-292CA57E118E.jpeg
    8A2C6848-AFD4-403F-AC64-292CA57E118E.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 33
i looked at those on Wunderlich's site. I guess you lay your legs across the plate? I wonder how comfortable that would be? If they were a couple hundred bucks, I'd take a chance, but they want something close to $400 for them. Too big a risk.

Back