looking for compatible bluetooth music player for TC, instead of a phone

VARG

Premium Member
Site Supporter
Elite Member
I'd like to provide a music source for my Transcontinental Marshall system without using a phone. Has anyone found anything compatible with the bluetooth device pairing? I've tried a SanDisk player but it was not recognized. I haven't need to maintain communications, nor do i expect to be using GPS any more than I ever have, which is never. Thanks for any ideas, I'll update if I do find alternates.

I’d expect the iPod Touch should work fine. The key issue is which Bluetooth profile the device supports. Android & iOS devices would support the full music control profile which would show the track name, allow control from the wonderwheel & also transfer audio to the system. Some cheaper MP3 players only support the BT Headset profile which is a simpler one and really meant to be used with bluetooth headphones, not a full remote environment like the TC system.

If you do use your phone, you don’t have to use the GPS, nor use it for communications, so there isn’t really a hindrance on connecting to your phone and not taking advantage of all the functionality, but just as a music source.

excellent information on the profile characteristics thanks! i expect i'll find some good options out there now.
eventual goal remains to find a dedicated large capacity mp3 and/or wma player that supports the connection profile requirements.

Own an R18FE and hooked up a Kuryakyn 2720 system on the handlebars. looks fantastic. Sounds excellent. I removed my windshield long ago. Very Happy.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_085938.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085938.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220730_085947.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085947.jpg
    896 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220730_085955.jpg
    IMG_20220730_085955.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 13
Back