Lost without a seat

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1344

It has been over a week now since I sent my seat away for a rebuild. I hate being grounded and probably should have asked about a temporary seat fix by perhaps borrowing one. Crud.

If you don't mind asking, why did you send it? I thought the seat on the R18T was good. In fact, I was thinking to purchase one to have the heated seat for the passenger. Any advice on the matter?

I wanted a backrest built into the seat pan and Russell Day-Long is the only company who does this routinely. The TC seat got better for me over time. I guess it needed to flex for my particular shape and weight. At first it was a bit stiff but that changed for the better after about 1,000 miles.
The seat is lower that I expected but that was a plus for me as I am 5'8" tall. It is plenty wide.

I wanted a backrest built into the seat pan and Russell Day-Long is the only company who does this routinely. The TC seat got better for me over time. I guess it needed to flex for my particular shape and weight. At first it was a bit stiff but that changed for the better after about 1,000 miles.
The seat is lower that I expected but that was a plus for me as I am 5'8" tall. It is plenty wide.
I am looking forward to seeing your new seat. The one that came on the B bike is not that great for the rider, but unbearable for the passenger. So, I might need to get another one for the next riding season.

I forgot to tell you. The passenger seat on the TC is large, wide, and not hard.

I think Alex-b is right about the seat heights.

Back