Lower Wind Deflectors

Just wondering, where do you get all those catalogues?
I went to dealer to get all the parts....
Lower fairing must this one for me! Wind tunnel approved cut incoming air into both side of boxer and smoother air around lower area redirect the air....avoid air back to under fuel tank...but is about 1300 cad...need save money for it...haaa

Last edited:
I went to dealer to get all the parts....
Lower fairing must this one for me! Wind tunnel approved cut incoming air into both side boxer and smoother air around lower area redirect the air....avoid air back to under fuel tank...but is about 1300 cad...need save money for it...haaa
1300 US dollar each Side?

Ok as promised - the Memphis shades fork deflectors are on and definitely make a big difference. Airflow from below and around the tank almost gone. Helmet buffet and noise from below is almost nil. Did a nice 400 mile day and felt noticeably fresher at the end. Installation took 15 minutes. View attachment 2523View attachment 2524
I ordered the parts that you listed, but the mount is too small to go around the forks.

It is remarkable how small wind deflectors here or there can have a large effect on wind turbulence.

I ordered the parts that you listed, but the mount is too small to go around the forks.
I have mine mounted in the same location as R2K using those part numbers. If they’re too tight, slide the clamp apart where it is keyed together and move it to suit and slide back together. As I recall, I had to move mine to the “widest” or last lost.

Ok as promised - the Memphis shades fork deflectors are on and definitely make a big difference. Airflow from below and around the tank almost gone. Helmet buffet and noise from below is almost nil. Did a nice 400 mile day and felt noticeably fresher at the end. Installation took 15 minutes. View attachment 2523View attachment 2524
How close are you positioning the deflector to the tank? Mine come in tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform. Did adjusting the position of the deflector impact your air flow? I also like the headlight visor. Source?

How close are you positioning the deflector to the tank? Mine come in tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing how they perform. Did adjusting the position of the deflector impact your air flow? I also like the headlight visor. Source?
Well, $#(!.
They sent the wrong mounting kit so now an exchange and another week of waiting. Opened up the mounting kit and looked at the forks. Didn't even think to look at the kit number so.... should you purchase this ki, don't be a knucklehead like me and not check the mounting kit should be:

FORK DEFLECTORS FOR VN2000 VULCAN​

SKU: MEM5804-MEK1980

Yeah, not the MEK1934 they sent. :rolleyes: I hope they'll take it back and exchange with no issues.

Off-topic but, how do you like the Corbin? Do you think is better than the mustang like Weekender?

So it took a few rides out on the highway and a couple of adjustments to position to find the sweet spot for the deflectors. For me (on a Classic) the bottom of the bracket is 3 1/2" from the bottom of the fork shroud and right behind the running light. The deflectors took away about 80%-90% of the wind coming up under the screen. I'm more than thrilled as it makes the 75-100 mile trek much more enjoyable. If you're one of the many Classic owners who aren't happy with the wind management from the stock set up, these may aid in taking some of that away. $98 well spent.

The deflectors on the TC have a noticeable helpful effect on reducing wind currents to the upper body. They aren't large but apparently are located in just the right place.

Back