Lower Wind Deflectors

Wondering if anyone has come across or is using a fork mounted lower wind deflector that will work on the R18. Perhaps something from Memphis Shades or another after market supplier? Most of the wind noise on the Classic is coming from below.

What indicates to you that the noise is coming from below? On mine, all of the noise is coming from dirty air hitting my helmet. If I duck below the windscreen, it’s super quiet.

If I hold my hand and arm across my chest to block the up coming air, it gets quieter.

Had the same problem on other bikes.

David
I agree, that is what is causing the influx of air and noise. I wish someone would come up with something

What indicates to you that the noise is coming from below? On mine, all of the noise is coming from dirty air hitting my helmet. If I duck below the windscreen, it’s super quiet.
Not the noise - the wind coming up from below buffets the chest and lower helmet. Hold your hand out flat and move it around your lower torso.

Wondering if anyone has come across or is using a fork mounted lower wind deflector that will work on the R18. Perhaps something from Memphis Shades or another after market supplier? Most of the wind noise on the Classic is coming from below.

Attachments

• 20210822_184333.jpg
    20210822_184333.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
Nice job!
I thank you for sharing your mods & thoughts.I like the lowers & was wondering if the Memphis Shades would work.
I to,replaced my seat with the Corbin heated dual touring with the white piping.Hated the stock seat! I have used Corbin on all my bikes for the last 20years.This might be my 7th or 8th.The only seat that I like as well(& Maybe better)is the dual heated extended Reach from Indian.It is wider & sits me back & little higher than the stock OEM Indian Roadmaster seat which is nowhere comparable to the Corbin or the extended reach version.

Regards,Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Clivescot, Parts are ordered,thank you so much for sharing and testing everything for us. Any measurements or install advice?

But must use oem engine guard.R18 Transcontinental oem engine guard is same like my guard,pay attention to lower part of the guard a screw teeth in the end of the tube and a fixed cards.

Attachments

• 20210905_012343.jpg
    20210905_012343.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20210905-013042_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-013042_Photos.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20210905-013037_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210905-013037_Photos.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
Back