MadStad looking for a bike in Central Florida (windshield prototype)

WaydeG

Throwing this out to the group.
I owned a Road Glide with a MadStad touring windshield for many years. It was so successful, Harley incorporated the idea in their own design.
It was easy to install and remove as needed and the customer service was very good when I needed a replacement part (my fault).
Dan @ MadStad would be more than happy to look at developing a product for our R18s. Is there anyone in Central Florida who might be interested? If so, I can forward his contact info. Dan eluded to the fact the prototype bike owner would get the windshield/system at no cost provided they give ongoing feedback.

I would certainly be interested in seeing what they come up with. An adjustable windshield would be a welcome addition as long it was in fitting with the design of the R18.

Last edited:
I just ordered a 7Jurock 20" clear for my TC, looking forward to it, looks like it's got an effective design.. been wintery here, so the TC has been watching me head out on the GS for the past month and some.. , but today was over 40 degrees , tomorrow over 60, couple more cold snaps and hope to start really feeling spring in New England..

Throwing this out to the group.
I owned a Road Glide with a MadStad touring windshield for many years. It was so successful, Harley incorporated the idea in their own design.
It was easy to install and remove as needed and the customer service was very good when I needed a replacement part (my fault).
Dan @ MadStad would be more than happy to look at developing a product for our R18s. Is there anyone in Central Florida who might be interested? If so, I can forward his contact info. Dan eluded to the fact the prototype bike owner would get the windshield/system at no cost provided they give ongoing feedback.
I guess I should ask...is this offer for the R18C, B, TC? Or are they looking to design a screen for the pure (standard) as well?

So, today I called Madstad. Dan is over in Daytona @ bikeweek. The person that I spoke with said, that they are interested, and that I can expect a call back sometime next week. I will keep ya posted on my progress.

So, today I called Madstad. Dan is over in Daytona @ bikeweek. The person that I spoke with said, that they are interested, and that I can expect a call back sometime next week. I will keep ya posted on my progress.
Good to know and thanks for the follow up. I was very pleased with my MadStad on my Road Glide. Until then, I've used the add-on shown below as a "fill in" with some success. Still, Id rather have the engineered MadStad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.28.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.28.17 PM.png
    900.4 KB · Views: 14
While I anxiously await the availability of this windscreen, I find my Classic with no screen, bar end mirrors, and fork fangs smooth as butter! --and I had tried the visor too.

I will be dropping off my R18 @ Madstad on April 10th. It will be there for a week or so, while they design a windshield/mount for the R18. I will update you when it's done. Btw, it has been easy, communicating with Madstad on this endeavor.

I will be dropping off my R18 @ Madstad on April 10th. It will be there for a week or so, while they design a windshield/mount for the R18. I will update you when it's done. Btw, it has been easy, communicating with Madstad on this endeavor.
They're good people. Please post as soon as you get it back. I'm really interested to see what they engineer. I'm jealous you'll get to have the first and at a sizable discount. :)

Dropped the bike off today @ Madstad. Very nice place and the people seem great. I saw 2 examples of their work on other bikes, and it is quality stuff. They will have my R18 for 2+ weeks. I will report back.

Back