Main Wire Harness contacting the Drive Shaft

John K

I just got my 2022 R18 Classic back from 6 weeks in the shop. It died out on the road when it had 1000km on it. Turns out the factory didn’t install the clip holding the main wire harness away from the drive shaft. The shaft sliced into the wires and what happened when it left me on the road it blew the 50 amp main fuse. They ended up replacing the whole wire harness which is a lot of work they had to disassemble a big part of the bike. I hope it’s just a one in a million mistake but probably worth looking into on a new bike, even with the clips all in place the wires are very close to the shaft. The photo shows where the shaft was rubbing on the harness.IMG_3379.jpeg

I just got my 2022 R18 Classic back from 6 weeks in the shop. It died out on the road when it had 1000km on it. Turns out the factory didn’t install the clip holding the main wire harness away from the drive shaft. The shaft sliced into the wires and what happened when it left me on the road it blew the 50 amp main fuse. They ended up replacing the whole wire harness which is a lot of work they had to disassemble a big part of the bike. I hope it’s just a one in a million mistake but probably worth looking into on a new bike, even with the clips all in place the wires are very close to the shaft. The photo shows where the shaft was rubbing on the harness.View attachment 11191
Hi I fitted a shaft light to mine just like you say not much holding loom in place I repositioned and secured

Back