Maintenance desaster? at BMW dealer

I feel the need to communicate what just happenned to my bike since i really don t know what to think about it .
Story short. Bought the bike new. 1st maintenance at 1000km they set oil level engine cold. They Had to remove one litre approx before leaving the dealer place and when came back home after 100km ride , checked oil level as per manual procedure, the oil level was still above the window. I left it like this as the dealer probably knows what he s doing.
At 3500km sent the bike back to the dealer with BMW assistance. Fuming oil from left cylinder in all the house several time . I mentionned to the technician i would like to have oil level towards the bottom of the window if possible in order to avoid eventual oil overpressure in the engine . After one month , i just got the bike back .
It s shocking !! :mad:
So they changed : Left piston, fuel pump , rusted indicator part.
No only the bike is dirty ( was clean when i drop it at the dealer) , but see oil level, dropped floating piece just in front of rear wheel, the missing screw on the left exhaust ! I discovered this while getting ready for the Rear Shock absorber change . And this is what i see , But what else do i miss ? I really don t know what to think about this . Communicate to BMW France? Change dealer ?
20211001_201549.jpg20211003_193219.jpg20211003_193247.jpg

Phil
I would do both.
Contact the management at the dealership first to see what their response is. Give them say 48 Hrs to respond before contacting BMW Customer Services France. If they have a FaceBook group, put it there also.
It seems on this occasion you have received extremely bad service to which they have admitted liability by replacing damaged parts.

I hope I'll will not get such bad service with my dealership at Vienne south of Lyon.
For the time being, everything is ok

Where is your's ?

I hope I'll will not get such bad service with my dealership at Vienne south of Lyon.
For the time being, everything is ok

Where is your's ?
I am in the UK but I think France is a beautiful country and I have both British and French friends over there. You never know, we might get to meet up at some point.

I ll see tomorrow what they say . Whatever they say i ve completelly lost confidence in this dealer shop . If i am right i am just missing two screws to fix both exhaust and lower box back . But i need to find out how much oil i need to take off. After first Rev they took close to one liter off and it was still too much remaining ...

I ll see tomorrow what they say . Whatever they say i ve completelly lost confidence in this dealer shop . If i am right i am just missing two screws to fix both exhaust and lower box back . But i need to find out how much oil i need to take off. After first Rev they took close to one liter off and it was still too much remaining ...
I would find another dealer...or do the work myself.

Yes , they kept the bike one month . I sent the bike back via BMW assistance , went back to pick it up few days after by taxi (BMW assistance). Looks like the bike is back to normal . Hopefully i wont have to go back to a dealer for some time now . Looks like it s a new shop , and they had some start up issues . The Dealer proposed me some sort of compensation i ll need to deal about . We ll see.

Back