Maybe a silly question !

Hi Folks so sincere apologies if a silly question, is it possible to adjust the height of the rear brake lever on the R18 TC the pedal height is too high for me ?

Hi Folks so sincere apologies if a silly question, is it possible to adjust the height of the rear brake lever on the R18 TC the pedal height is too high for me ?
Not that I could figure out ... I have the same issue ... there is an adjustment rod (small one to the piston) that has an adjustment .. but that will not impact the actual position of the lever ... bummer. If it wouldn't be so pretty I would heat it and bend it ...

You could drill the stop in the brake pedal and put a set screw in it. It would then be adjustable, You would have to adjust the rod to the master also.
Simple fix.

Send me your brake lever this winter.

David

You could drill the stop in the brake pedal and put a set screw in it. It would then be adjustable, You would have to adjust the rod to the master also.
Simple fix.

Send me your brake lever this winter.

David
I was thinking about that as well ... stay tuned .. still thinking 😁

EDIT: No need to send I have the equipment to do that ;)

A few of us have posted on this in the past...
My brake lever is too high in relation to the peg.
Slight, but if I cover the brake my foot is at an uncomfortable angle.

A few of us have posted on this in the past...
My brake lever is too high in relation to the peg.
Slight, but if I cover the brake my foot is at an uncomfortable angle.
Yup .. I think we all have that exact issue ... for me it is that, if I have mt foot of the pedal, it pokes into the side of my boot ... gets annoying on longer rides.

Wow, I didn’t realise this was such a hot topic and so glad it isn’t just me. Being Old I suffer from Diabetes and some slight neuropathy (numb feet). So finding and using the lever with size 10 feet and boots isn’t easy shame BMW has done this. At the moment I use predominantly front brakes (knowing they are linked) but a real pain with slow-speed stuff where I could use the trailing back for stability.

Awhile back I removed the floorboards and installed the Transcontinental flat pegs and found the same issue with brake pedal being too high. For your foot to be comfortably on the peg, you'd be engaging the brake all the time. Have to angle foot outward which is not the ideal position if you need to stop suddenly.
Wunderlich makes an adjustable peg for the gear shift lever, keep hoping they'll make one for the brake as well. And I don't think BMW solicits any customer feedback for changes or improvements their customer's might like to see.

Awhile back I removed the floorboards and installed the Transcontinental flat pegs and found the same issue with brake pedal being too high. For your foot to be comfortably on the peg, you'd be engaging the brake all the time. Have to angle foot outward which is not the ideal position if you need to stop suddenly.
Wunderlich makes an adjustable peg for the gear shift lever, keep hoping they'll make one for the brake as well. And I don't think BMW solicits any customer feedback for changes or improvements their customer's might like to see.
Thanks Saunders . I bought the Gear Extensions front and rear. I then fitted both and discovered with size 10 feet it was a nightmare because you were always hitting a lever. I then put the original on the heel shift and the extension on the Toe and it works really well I have the tow shift just 25mm above the board so you can change down just with a slight move forward. You do need to take your heel off to change up but it works pretty well. I now have a spare heel shifter free to a good home if your nearby 👍

Back