Mounting bmw high windscreen

Pierre

Hi, i’m asking myself about mounting a bmw high windscreen on my bagger but i m not sure about the aspect on the bike. If you have a such windscreen on your bagger, could you share some pics?
Thanks

Pierre I bought a TC windscreen off of ebay from a Chinese seller for about $150USD shipped and admittedly, I am not in love with it. Also, at 5'10" with a 32" inseam I am not convinced that it provides any less buffeting to my full face helmet than the stock screen did. I hope my pictures help you!

Attachments

• TC windscreen 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
Pierre I bought a TC windscreen off of ebay from a Chinese seller for about $150USD shipped and admittedly, I am not in love with it. Also, at 5'10" with a 32" inseam I am not convinced that it provides any less buffeting to my full face helmet than the stock screen did. I hope my pictures help you!
Are you not in love with it because of build quality? Or is it not doing what you thought it would?

:( After waiting all this time for my TC screen to get here, I am sort of disappointed. Only seems to be a few inches higher than the original. Well I need install it and go for a ride and see if there is any difference.

:( After waiting all this time for my TC screen to get here, I am sort of disappointed. Only seems to be a few inches higher than the original. Well I need install it and go for a ride and see if there is any difference.
Couple folks here swear adding winglets to the B makes a better/bigger impact than the high screen. I've added them (cut em down to clear the signals) and got one ride with em, so jury is out for me. I actually noticed more turbulence on the ride I took with em, but that could be based on any number of other factors.

I'm real tall so I think the air is mostly passing over my shoulders, so buffeting and noise haven't been a real bother. I did buy a Puig clip on shield extender for the stock B shield that I'm yet to use. You could get one, or a similar thing, and have a couple more inches of screen. Doesn't look great, but in my view neither does the TC screen, and def not that Jurok 7 screen, as effective as it may be.

Couple folks here swear adding winglets to the B makes a better/bigger impact than the high screen. I've added them (cut em down to clear the signals) and got one ride with em, so jury is out for me. I actually noticed more turbulence on the ride I took with em, but that could be based on any number of other factors.

I'm real tall so I think the air is mostly passing over my shoulders, so buffeting and noise haven't been a real bother. I did buy a Puig clip on shield extender for the stock B shield that I'm yet to use. You could get one, or a similar thing, and have a couple more inches of screen. Doesn't look great, but in my view neither does the TC screen, and def not that Jurok 7 screen, as effective as it may be.
I have got comfortable behind the screen of my K1600 GTL and noticed there is no way I can ride the R18 without a full face helmet, not that tall 5'8" so I don't need much. Maybe I need to look into the Jurok 7 if this one does not help.

I am 5’9” so really the same height as you are. I don’t have winglets, ride with a Boxer V, always fully open unless raining and standard B windshield. The first time I rode her, I had blurred vision and I was really intimidated by it, however, after wiggling myself a bit, I found a comfortable position where the wind flows slightly over my head and I don’t feel any turbulence and definitely no more blurred vision.
Try sitting on the bike whilst in your garage to see if you find a different position that is comfortable other than your normal riding posture and go out for a ride and see what happens.

Honestly I do not notice the turbulence while riding but I had a habit of flipping open my helmet when I turned into my neighborhood. I can't do that with the R18, and quite sure I can't ride it with my half shell helmet. Primarily the reason I wanted a taller screen to sit behind. I can ride my K1600 in 32 degree weather and not notice it is cold outside until park the bike, but I noticed it right away riding in 45 degree temps on the R18.

I see. Not sure winglets and taller screens may help much with the cooler air flow. Perhaps investing in a heated gilet would help?

Back