Mounting bmw high windscreen

Got the TC windscreen installed and took it for a ride. Not as sleek as the baggers windscreen but I think it serves the purpose for me

Attachments

• IMG_3091.jpeg
    IMG_3091.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3088.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg
  • IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
The blue with that brown seat is fire, man. I’m a black bike devotee, but this is seriously fantastic.
The upholstery shop I am took the first picture in front of did the seats on my K1600. I now have him working on my stock seat, after I got the mustang seat I found out it was not a perfect fit and I lost my seat heating. So hopefully his creation is just as nice or better.

Yes RSD machined....

Description
SET, MIRROR, MACHINED - RSD
Qty
Part #
77 22 2 469 369
Price ea.
$289.00
Top man, found them. More expensive in the UK at £354.00 but I will pull the trigger on them I think. Santa already brought a set of OEM engine bars that were also eye watering expensive but I will be patient. Good things come to those who wait ehh?

I might have to order those same RSD mirrors; are they solid, any shaking or blurred vision when riding?

That TC windshield definitely took that sleek bagger look away; maybe consider going back to the stock windshield or perhaps the even lower black deflector? If you're trying to solve wind buffeting issues; perhaps, install the Winglets onto the fairing - you already cleared that area of the stock directionals with the TC Auxiliary Lights & Directionals? I find that the Winglets make the biggest difference in managing wind; above 65 - 70 mph, I close the Winglets... And leave them in the Open position on hot days and riding relaxing twisting back roads...

That Brown seat color on that blue/black canvas is amazing looking...

I might have to order those same RSD mirrors; are they solid, any shaking or blurred vision when riding?

That TC windshield definitely took that sleek bagger look away; maybe consider going back to the stock windshield or perhaps the even lower black deflector? If you're trying to solve wind buffeting issues; perhaps, install the Winglets onto the fairing - you already cleared that area of the stock directionals with the TC Auxiliary Lights & Directionals? I find that the Winglets make the biggest difference in managing wind; above 65 - 70 mph, I close the Winglets... And leave them in the Open position on hot days and riding relaxing twisting back roads...

That Brown seat color on that blue/black canvas is amazing looking...
I do notice a bit more shaking and blur than the stock ones and they sit lower so having to adjust to that. I was aware of this before purchase because the R18B I test rode had the same mirrors on it at the dealer. I am holding on to the stock windscreen because I like the look of it better. Not sure if I have noticed the wind buffeting issue just yet, my main reason for purchasing the TC screen is I also have a K1600GTL and I am use to sitting behind the windscreen. I may need to look into getting the winglets. But thanks on the seat, currently have the original seat in to get upholstered, not happy with the loss of the seat heating. Finding that I have to buy somethings twice, because of the differences between the baggers and the regular R18 and R18C......

Are you not in love with it because of build quality? Or is it not doing what you thought it would?
CB- for me, it didn’t solve the buffeting issue. I’ve taken both the stock screen and the TC screen and have tried putting a disruptive edging on both, and that didn’t help. I’ve taped over the opening at the bottom of the screen to see if that will disrupt it, and none of that seems to help. I’m at a loss.

CB- for me, it didn’t solve the buffeting issue. I’ve taken both the stock screen and the TC screen and have tried putting a disruptive edging on both, and that didn’t help. I’ve taped over the opening at the bottom of the screen to see if that will disrupt it, and none of that seems to help. I’m at a loss.
I don't know if it's going to help but klock werks will have something in a couple of months. I'm going to hold out till they do.

Back