My $23,000 Boat Anchor thanks BMW

Dear BMW,

Why did my 2023 bagger come with 2020 tires?
If my build date says 09/2022, why does the BILL of LADING say that DHL picked up the bike from your RDC center on 04/7/2023 and taken to my selling dealer?
Why did my selling dealer tell me my bike was still in its shipping crate 2 days before I bought it but the PDI RO is dated 30 days prior?
Why does the PDI RO have an internal labor line with a couple hours the tech flagged for “finish assembly”
Why was the bike painted again after leaving the factory?
Why are the muffler bracket bolt holes a different size showing outlines where the brackets were painted?
Why is there no paint on the rear fender line? (Looks white in the pic)
Why is the rear swingarm so far from being centered and more importantly why is the driveshaft so out of balance?
Why is the swingarm/rear frame sitting so much lower than the main frame?
Why is fhe Union nut on the trans so far out of alignment with the one on the rear drive?
Why did you paint chrome engine side covers black and worse paint them while they were placed on a table? ( no paint on the inner edge)
Why are now both front and rear brakes squeaking?
Why does the left side of muffler and the heat shield rub against the frame?
Where is the frame coming apart on the bike? Inside of front downtubes below the 2 bolt holes shows no paint where the frame is twisting apart.

Why does this bike shake and vibrate so bad that at freeway speeds you cannot see?

Why when I took the bike to a different dealer are they unwilling to help at all?

Why when I paid a body shop $375 to inspect and report does it say most if not all of the bike has been repainted?

Why do I keep on buying BMW bikes if with each one I get more burned than the one before?

Why shouldn’t this post be titled
“Any Bulldog Attorneys available?”

I can’t answer that question the same way nobody can answer any of my above questions

Attachments

• IMG_4252.png
    IMG_4252.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4262.png
    IMG_4262.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4253.png
    IMG_4253.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4256.png
    IMG_4256.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4263.png
    IMG_4263.png
    11.7 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4264.png
    IMG_4264.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4255.png
    IMG_4255.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4260.png
    IMG_4260.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4259.png
    IMG_4259.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4257.png
    IMG_4257.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 139
Dear BMW,

If my build date says 09/2022, why does the BILL of LADING say that DHL picked up the bike from your RDC center on 04/7/2023 and taken to my selling dealer?
Why did my selling dealer tell me my bike was still in its shipping crate 2 days before I bought it but the PDI RO is dated 30 days prior?
Why does the PDI RO have an internal labor line with a couple hours the tech flagged for “finish assembly”
Why are the muffler bracket bolt holes a different size showing outlines where the brackets were painted?
Why is the rear swingarm so far from being centered and more importantly why is the driveshaft so out of balance?
Why is fhe Union nut on the trans so far out of alignment with the one on the rear drive?
Why did you paint chrome engine side covers black and worse paint them while they were placed on a table? ( no paint on the inner edge)
Where is the frame coming apart on the bike? Inside of front downtubes below the 2 bolt holes shows no paint where the frame is twisting apart.

Why does this bike shake and vibrate so bad that at freeway speeds you cannot see?

Why when I took the bike to a different dealer are they unwilling to help at all?

Why when I paid a body shop $375 to inspect and report does it say most if not all of the bike has been repainted?

Why do I keep on buying BMW bikes if with each one I get more burned than the one before?

I can’t answer that question the same way nobody can answer any of my above questions
Mate, I would have taken the bike right back to the shop you bought it from and demand a swap or a full refund. If they don’t play ball then get a solicitor involved or take advantage of whatever laws you have at your disposal locally. I am so sorry you have to endure this experience.
You shouldn’t have to. Not just with BMW, it applies to any brand and product.

Dear BMW,

Sounds like the bike was HEAVILY damaged sometime between the production date and delivery to the dealer. Or possibly pretty much totaled then put back together by the dealer.
Meanwhile....get an attorney. Absolutely ridiculous. Park the bike. Get a GOOD attorney because who you get makes a big difference.

Everyone please understand BMWNA and my selling dealer both told me to pound sand. There is so much I’ve left out guys, including day of purchase copy of PDI RO and the copy I received from the GM 2 weeks after, completely fraudulent both RO #’s the same but entire stories and time flagged different, the dam first PDI Ro had attached the running in check checklist. This bike wasn’t even PDI by selling dealer so going back to them is out of the question. Another dealer Bmw North America are aware of everything I’ve posted and have more or less said sorry about your luck.

To note, understand that I absolutely hate having to post any of this, but due to the circumstances I have posted and am posting, I’m not sure where else to turn. Yes, an attorney, but as you said Randy, a good attorney is key. I did already speak with one, spent 5 weeks back and forth exhaustively only to find out all he was interested in doing for me is having the bike bought back. Which ok, would be a better spot than I’m in now, if I didn’t know what I’m certain of. Guys, unfortunately, I am not alone here, let me give you an example so you understand I’m not a wild card flying off the handle. Anyone that took advantage of BMWs incentive on the baggers 2022, no payments for 90 days plus BMWNA paying up to $333 for the next 4 months, if you own one of these bikes Ho out and have a look at the inner painted lip of your side case lids, look at the edge of the rear fender. I was looking at a white bagger
On a dealers floor at these areas to compare to mine, these were NOT painted at the factory. It’s all about selling bikes period and so BMW does what they do with left over previous year
Inventory and or voluntary buy backs, they Frankenstein bikes into what will sell quickest. Same thing they did with the “Kalamata” K1600. Anyways so on top of BMW shady involvement at whatever level my bike also has shady involvement by my selling dealer. Again, it’s in black and white on my copies of ROs. Now unfortunately this two reasons are why I am being told to POUND SAND. BMW is obviously aware of what they have done,y dealer is aware of what they have concealed, so how would anyone expect any assistance from either. The truth is they will do ANYTHING to not have to have these bikes back because they know then they really can’t do sh$* with them. My long point is, I am no shooting from the hip, I have 3 sets of tires here in my garage for this bike in less than 2000 miles hoping for a miracle. I’ve called out BMW as to the reasons for my bike coming apart at the seems and the only thing they are doing is digging in their heels. So again, an attorney, I’m in, but I need one who isn’t a cookie cutter and wants the case to be “their” way. I will hold out simply because how unacceptable this is and how strongly I believe a court and judge with the right attorney will make an example of the fraud imposed on me. The worst part guys, if you are still with me, is I can’t f in ride, period.

Every single thing I have stated are facts backed up with documents ROs texts and emails that 100% back it up. How would anyone expect a bike to ride with the driveshaft angle the same as mine. I’ve had the muffler and case brackets off the bike, ZERO sign of locktite anywhere. Accelerating or decelerating even in the amount of time it takes to shift and engage clutch, when engaged the front end wants to slip sideways, it’s an absolutely horrendous. I’ve owned 7 new BMW bikes in the past 10 years, what this bike does is going to kill somebody

Absolutely extreme accusations I am making, why do you think I’m so pissed off?. I understand as many others have said the same until they themselves ride the bike and or see all the documents. Respectfully, which would you like to see that confirm my “extreme” allegations? I’m happy to provide them and or post them. You see, there is no way I can say for certain what actually took place and or who’s the responsible party, BMW or my dealer, but what I can say and do say are only facts. There is no “other side of the story” this isn’t a “story”. Again, they are ridiculous accusations, I would give anything for anyone to show me that I’m outta bounds here. I did make some accusations that I should have been clear, they are my opinion, regarding what I believe took place. But my opinion isn’t what’s in question, the facts are what they are, I cannot change the narrative. While I’m considering sharing all my documents I’m hesitant only because this believe it or not isnt about me crapping on BMW and my dealer. I would post the documents simply to not have to feel like I need anyone to believe me.

To note, understand that I absolutely hate having to post any of this, but due to the circumstances I have posted and am posting, I’m not sure where else to turn. Yes, an attorney, but as you said Randy, a good attorney is key. I did already speak with one, spent 5 weeks back and forth exhaustively only to find out all he was interested in doing for me is having the bike bought back. Which ok, would be a better spot than I’m in now, if I didn’t know what I’m certain of. Guys, unfortunately, I am not alone here, let me give you an example so you understand I’m not a wild card flying off the handle. Anyone that took advantage of BMWs incentive on the baggers 2022, no payments for 90 days plus BMWNA paying up to $333 for the next 4 months, if you own one of these bikes Ho out and have a look at the inner painted lip of your side case lids, look at the edge of the rear fender. I was looking at a white bagger
On a dealers floor at these areas to compare to mine, these were NOT painted at the factory. It’s all about selling bikes period and so BMW does what they do with left over previous year
Inventory and or voluntary buy backs, they Frankenstein bikes into what will sell quickest. Same thing they did with the “Kalamata” K1600. Anyways so on top of BMW shady involvement at whatever level my bike also has shady involvement by my selling dealer. Again, it’s in black and white on my copies of ROs. Now unfortunately this two reasons are why I am being told to POUND SAND. BMW is obviously aware of what they have done,y dealer is aware of what they have concealed, so how would anyone expect any assistance from either. The truth is they will do ANYTHING to not have to have these bikes back because they know then they really can’t do sh$* with them. My long point is, I am no shooting from the hip, I have 3 sets of tires here in my garage for this bike in less than 2000 miles hoping for a miracle. I’ve called out BMW as to the reasons for my bike coming apart at the seems and the only thing they are doing is digging in their heels. So again, an attorney, I’m in, but I need one who isn’t a cookie cutter and wants the case to be “their” way. I will hold out simply because how unacceptable this is and how strongly I believe a court and judge with the right attorney will make an example of the fraud imposed on me. The worst part guys, if you are still with me, is I can’t f in ride, period.

Every single thing I have stated are facts backed up with documents ROs texts and emails that 100% back it up. How would anyone expect a bike to ride with the driveshaft angle the same as mine. I’ve had the muffler and case brackets off the bike, ZERO sign of locktite anywhere. Accelerating or decelerating even in the amount of time it takes to shift and engage clutch, when engaged the front end wants to slip sideways, it’s an absolutely horrendous. I’ve owned 7 new BMW bikes in the past 10 years, what this bike does is going to kill somebody
Irodemine,

Wow man....this is completely F'ed!!!! Really sorry to hear this. Not a F'ing thing on your bike should be ANYTHING but pristine DIRECTLY from the factory!!! PERIOD, END of conversation!!!!
I was in the car business for two decades...sales, finance, management. I worked for two BMW car dealers and many others. All the auto dealers are fixated on CSI...Customer Service Index.
They are fanatical about consumer responses to everything from how you arrived at that dealer to the entire process of your purchase, to after the sale followup.. They have even tied the salespersons yearly bonus to those results. The fact that BMW turned their back on you...is very surprising. I have owned about 8 or so new BMWs one after another on lease. 5s, 7s, and 6s. The construction, detail, quality, exceptional. Occasionally they have a mechanical issue which they resolve without a fuss,, but overall these are HIGH quality machines with a unique ride. You know all this of course. I had a 2014 R9T that ran like a top, no problem. I just bought the 2023 Anniversary model, only has 330 miles on it so far, but I marvel at the quality of the damn thing. And you should be too on yours!!
I don't know where you live....but I would try one more time with the factory....forget about the dealer. I don't know what your funds are...and it's a bitch to have to do this, but you might post your bike on EVERY social media site and briefly state the issue. You might have to get someone well versed in social media to do this and pay them a few bucks. If that doesn't get a call from BMW consider an ad in a major paper near you.
Short of that....and I mean no disrespect...but attorney's for the most part care about one thing....$$$. So you need to find someone with a good reputation that is probably not cheap. You will need to sue in civil court for the cost of the bike, attorney fees, and damages....
Do you have those ambulance chaser attorney's near you that are always looking to get cases for motorcycle accidents? You might see if one of them can recommend someone?

If the dealer you got it from is near you....see what the parking situation is in front. Maybe you can park the bike there with signs on it about the shit show they sold you. Tell people to look for themselves.

Dealers hate that....you might get the attention of the General Manager or owner...who has no idea about you. If they see that, they call in the Sales manager and ask "What is going on with that guy out there".

I had an owner once that told me...Randy I don't want any heat, just take care of any problems the best you can...so I did. It cost the dealership some real $$$ now and then, and legally I didn't have to do it.

But the owner was wealthy, old, and was a decent guy that cared about his name on the sign out front....

Good luck...

Last edited:
I don't mean to be argumentative but there is always another side of the story. I might not be pretty, in fact it might be ugly, but there is more to the story. As you said, you don't know what actually took place.

I don't mean to be argumentative but there is always another side of the story. I might not be pretty, in fact it might be ugly, but there is more to the story. As you said, you don't know what actually took place.
Part of the reason we buy these bikes is the tooling and finish. There are faster bikes, cheaper bikes, better handling bikes, you name it, but in theory a BMW is a beautifully crafted fine machine.

There should not be even ONE spot on a brand new R18. Nothing, zip, nada.

IRODEMINE's bike sounds like a total, and put back together at a shit shop..... The guy spent his life in the car business....this is not a tough one....​

What's IS hard to figure out is why they would risk a major lawsuit just to sell one bike????​

I just looked at the pictures he posted....WTF!!!!! There is no way he did that!!!

Not to be a nut....but if Motorrad doesn't give a rats ass about him and his bike....what about US????? This is the problem these days, nobody gives a shit about anybody else....

Ok..now I sound like a nut....but it's true...​

Last edited:
a couple more pics to share and show what I mean by “ the frame is twisting apart”…..first pics you can see where downtubes bolt together up front then pics under bike inside of frame where bolt together at center of bike ( just behind foot brake and shift levers)……The exposed metal without black paint is were to look. …..don’t mind the rust, And a pic of steering head going thru the frame…..hey BMW shouldnt that be installed at the same angle as the frame?

Attachments

• IMG_4316.png
    IMG_4316.png
    10.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4329.jpeg
    IMG_4329.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4330.jpeg
    IMG_4330.jpeg
    830.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4342.jpeg
    IMG_4342.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4347.png
    IMG_4347.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4348.png
    IMG_4348.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4349.png
    IMG_4349.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4350.png
    IMG_4350.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 84
I mean BMW, here is your “outline” of the bagger frame, many articles stating how the attention to detail is second to none and how the swingarm is seem less meeting the main frame……here’s one, kinda how your drawing looks….then you got mine, how do you think she rides?

I mean the possibilities are endless as to how this bike arrived this way, I have tons more to share moving forward with of the members interested, I have to do with time in between because I get nauseated going all in like this. Please, if you believe that this thread is just about me because I’m unhappy about who knows what, or I just want to bash BMW, then don’t follow the thread.

More of muffler bracket

Attachments

• IMG_4355.jpeg
    IMG_4355.jpeg
    429.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4353.jpeg
    IMG_4353.jpeg
    428.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4354.jpeg
    IMG_4354.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4352.jpeg
    IMG_4352.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4356.jpeg
    IMG_4356.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 44
Understand the while this is enough to leave most anyone speechless, it leaves me much more than that. I won’t list all of these things but I’ll say again, at the end of the day I’m left unable to ride. I’m 52 years old and I think many my age will second this, there isn’t much out there that does it for me these days, that provides that emotional charge we get on a great ride. Thats near the top of the list of what sucks the most.

Right next to the disrespect another dealer served me by saying this is how they all ride. I played nice tho, as much as I’d like to have told them to go play on the freeway

I'm 67....A year ago I sold my tricked out Harley, a few months ago my mint cond. BMW R9T. My business was destroyed by the Covid worldwide shutdown and ensuing F'ed up economy. I was too depressed to ride...
While standing in the showroom of the dealer I sold my R9T to I was starting to see how events were shaping my life that I never allowed in the past. I was giving up everything I enjoyed one thing at a time...to do what....pay Fing bills??? I had seen a pic of the R18 Anniversary model when I was reserching the bike I was selling. I asked the salesmanager if she had one, yes the manager is a woman and she's very cool. She said yes we got two all year, I have one in its crate. When you come back tomorrow for your check for your bike I'll have the crate opened for you if you like. I said yeah, what time? The next day she had my check ready and the bike still in the crate opened. She asked me do you really want this bike, you just sold one that was like new?? I asked her when it will be ready? In two days she said.
I drove out there two days later, rode the bike 8 blocks, took it back and said I'll take it. The bike is like a piece of art you can ride....
I'm telling you this because don't let this shit show kill something you love doing. You and everybody on this site will be dead soon enough. There ARE other nice bikes. Or get rid of this piece of junk and get another one that you inspect top to bottom before you take it....
Bottom line...don't give up.....If finances are an issue finance it....find a way....

Which dealer is this? I can’t understand how or why BMW would refuse to investigate your concerns (pound sand as you put it). Its not like a cheapo back street dodgy dealership. A new bike has factory warranty, in use it will pick up marks and scratches but it should start out life mint. An unregistered bike shouldn’t have any road miles or damage on it and if a part got scratched being wheeled about in the workshop (say a pannier case lid) because stuff happens then surely they‘d order in a new factory painted part and just replace it? Not get it sprayed up round the back with a rattle can? Its all weird.

For your bike to be so messed with its like it’s actually fallen off the delivery truck, but even if it had I would expect BMW to just scrap it and send it back to Germany for disposal. The bike‘s VIN should be traceable and there must be a record somewhere on their computer systems from the moment the bikes ‘born’, a timeline, exactly where it’s been, for how long and whether any snagging has been done to it. In the same way they know when bikes have had recall work and servicing done. Reading between the lines are they incinuating you‘ve dropped your bike and had it patched up or are they saying they are all the same, which clearly they are not. You haven’t said why they are not sorting this out.

You must have consumer rights,

Last edited:
So to be clear....you bought the bike brand new from a dealer? And I am by no means doubting anything you've said or the pics you've posted. You spent you life in the car business, how did you take delivery with the bike in this condition ?? Did you get chance to inspect the bike before you took deliver??
What are the particulars??

Back