My $23,000 Boat Anchor thanks BMW

This seems like a very easy legal case for any attorney. Obviously getting a good reputable will be in your best interest but with all the documentation you have I don’t see how this wouldn’t be awarded in your favor without question. Not sure exactly what your hoping to get out of litigation though as you earlier mentioned an attorney who was only going to get you a buyback. A buyback plus any out of pocket expenses related to said problems and attorney fees. That is about all that you can expect if the bike hasn’t caused any injury to you. Money out of pocket put back where it belongs. Hope you settle quickly and are able to wash your hands of this.

The bike was purchased in the city of Modesto. I’ve been off line for a couple weeks and unplugged from this bike, thankfully. All I want is a good attorney in Ca, someone please help

The bike was purchased in the city of Modesto. I’ve been off line for a couple weeks and unplugged from this bike, thankfully. All I want is a good attorney in Ca, someone please help
As I'm sure you suspect or know by now, unless you get VERY lucky, no attorney is going to want a case like this on spec. There just isn't enough $$ in it. I just spent a hell of a lot of $$$ on attorneys in the last two years. With respect...their primary if not sole interest is money. Guilt, innocence, moot. They want to spend their time making money. As most business people do.

So as much as the people on this site empathize with you, your most likely going to have to come out of pocket if you want to litigate this.....

Looks like you DO have a solid case base on what you've presented here...

Sidebar: Nothing against Irodemine, but consider that people who have issues with their bikes (vehicles) tend to complain (LOUDLY) online, and the rest who have no/rare issues don't.

Guess what gets picked up by the search engines and people looking to itch their cognitive bias against a [insert hated manufacturer] making [insert hated model] vehicle? It ain't those of us who aren't writing nothing! I'm certainly guilty of it...who wants to read a blog about how I have no real issues with my Alcina?

Just food for thought, considering all the HD and Indian fanboys who would love NOTHING more than to see the R18 get discontinued. I'm not saying that BMW should get off the hook for any corpo malfeasance; FAR from it actually! But, my personal opinion is that the individual should go about it smartly, rather than wax on to a group of people who can't do a damn thing for that individual, unless giving the group notice is for the collective good (e.g. broken headlamps).

Lastly, Irodemine, chances of someone on this forum being able to help you with an attorney in California who specializes in tort claims is VERY small....sorry. Rather, you'd be better off using Google or Yelp, or your favorite search engine for tort attorneys in your area. The best we can do is sympathize with you and listen to your issues.

Mike

Sidebar: Nothing against Irodemine, but consider that people who have issues with their bikes (vehicles) tend to complain (LOUDLY) online, and the rest who have no/rare issues don't.

Guess what gets picked up by the search engines and people looking to itch their cognitive bias against a [insert hated manufacturer] making [insert hated model] vehicle? It ain't those of us who aren't writing nothing! I'm certainly guilty of it...who wants to read a blog about how I have no real issues with my Alcina?

Just food for thought, considering all the HD and Indian fanboys who would love NOTHING more than to see the R18 get discontinued. I'm not saying that BMW should get off the hook for any corpo malfeasance; FAR from it actually! But, my personal opinion is that the individual should go about it smartly, rather than wax on to a group of people who can't do a damn thing for that individual, unless giving the group notice is for the collective good (e.g. broken headlamps).

Lastly, Irodemine, chances of someone on this forum being able to help you with an attorney in California who specializes in tort claims is VERY small....sorry. Rather, you'd be better off using Google or Yelp, or your favorite search engine for tort attorneys in your area. The best we can do is sympathize with you and listen to your issues.

Mike
I have a very good attorney that will take your case..he's $450 an hour. If one of his team works on your case I believe it's $375 an hour. You could pay him for an hour to evaluate your case. He's honest and will tell you the reality.
If your interested let me know. I know this is not what you want...but might be the only option. Yes it sucks....but that's how a LOT of things are these days...

It’s my every breathing moment nightmare. It’s such a great day to ride today, finally, so I suited up and got on the bike…..I’m nothing short of being the most miserable man on the planet because of this POS. Before even reaching 3rd gear I want to park it. FML.

The city is Modesto

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here? No one else on the forum has experienced the severity of your claims. You are wearing us out with the constant hounding. Get ride of the bike, move on.

I love my R18B and seriously question your motive and claims.

Maybe you should move to a G310R.

It’s my every breathing moment nightmare. It’s such a great day to ride today, finally, so I suited up and got on the bike…..I’m nothing short of being the most miserable man on the planet because of this POS. Before even reaching 3rd gear I want to park it. FML.

The city is Modesto

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish here? No one else on the forum has experienced the severity of your claims. You are wearing us out with the constant hounding. Get ride of the bike, move on.

Irodemine... It does sound like you've hit the wall. It's doubtful a member of this forum is going to litigate this for you....so I don't think much more can be accomplished here. Find a civil attorney that will work cheap if you must, or explore options of filing the case yourself. I know small claims in CA has a 10k limit. I don't know if you can file more than one case for the same damages? Meanwhile IF you prevail and get 10k, plus selling that piece of shit for another 10k...you might end up sleeping at night again. Based on what you've reported....I would not get on that bike....

I respect all who feel worn out by this thread, I have no idea what’s the major malfunction with those who question my motives or what I’m trying to accomplish. I would suggest reading more carefully instead of viewing information and immediately processing it as just another rant. I’d rather go play on the freeway that sit here and type shit like this come on.

That said, and for those who fall in the category of who I just referenced, I’ll be more direct. Those who purchased a new 2022 or 2023 bagger, the ones with all the love offered to you from bmw…..no payments 90 days in addition to bmw making your first 4 payments up to $333/mo….( you pay the difference if your payment is more )….
If you own one of these bikes, go look real close at it…..if you are confused or don’t understand go re read this thread where I spelled it out for already. Am I being clear enough?
These bikes did not leave the factory as baggers people. On top of it all, mine had an incident once arrived at the dealer so you bike might not ride like mine, but it didn’t leave Germany as a bagger. Think I’m nuts? Well stop reading and don’t post your hate. …..this is my last post on this thread.
What my motive really? It was to keep buying BMW motorcycles and enjoy the ride, wtf else would be my motive? Get the bike bought back and be done, I’m not ok with just that, I want my dealer to pay dammit do they won’t keep doing this to the next guy. Questions? Search the world wide on Google “BMW Vs Gore”….. catch my drift?
My case of Godzilla compared to it.
Peace out, keep em down boys

I respect all who feel worn out by this thread, I have no idea what’s the major malfunction with those who question my motives or what I’m trying to accomplish. I would suggest reading more carefully instead of viewing information and immediately processing it as just another rant. I’d rather go play on the freeway that sit here and type shit like this come on.

That said, and for those who fall in the category of who I just referenced, I’ll be more direct. Those who purchased a new 2022 or 2023 bagger, the ones with all the love offered to you from bmw…..no payments 90 days in addition to bmw making your first 4 payments up to $333/mo….( you pay the difference if your payment is more )….
If you own one of these bikes, go look real close at it…..if you are confused or don’t understand go re read this thread where I spelled it out for already. Am I being clear enough?
These bikes did not leave the factory as baggers people. On top of it all, mine had an incident once arrived at the dealer so you bike might not ride like mine, but it didn’t leave Germany as a bagger. Think I’m nuts? Well stop reading and don’t post your hate. …..this is my last post on this thread.
What my motive really? It was to keep buying BMW motorcycles and enjoy the ride, wtf else would be my motive? Get the bike bought back and be done, I’m not ok with just that, I want my dealer to pay dammit do they won’t keep doing this to the next guy. Questions? Search the world wide on Google “BMW Vs Gore”….. catch my drift?
I,

I hope you find a solution. Seriously. I know you were IN the auto industry service dept. for years and must have seen it all. Since there is nothing we can really do, maybe your ordeal can serve as a hard lesson for those
more trusting of us that assume your dealing with a high class product and reputation would be of paramount concern for a dealer...
INSPECT the Shit out your bike BEFORE you take delivery NO MATTER WHAT!!!! NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!

It's still hard to believe a BMW dealer would stoop to this....which is why of course some reading your posts have trouble reconciling it...

Take them to small claims...this week file it....and find out if you can make more than one claim...

I don't even remember what the issues were with the bike; plus, the pictures were so zoomed in, I really couldn't tell which part of the bike I was looking at...

Take the bike to another dealership and have everything corrected under warranty; see what another dealership says about the issue(s).

I guess nothing came out of the lemon law approach; in NJ, a dealership/manufacture is allowed three (3) attempts to correct an issue before the vehicle qualifies under the lemon law.

What is the purpose or intent of your last comment? “Maybe you should move to a 310R”.

Knowing the risk of being in a big mistake, I must agree with this comment and also I have the same dubs about your motive and claims because the "issue" looks like something very easy to solve even without a "good" lawyer.

Again, I can be in a big mistake about my concerns but, I don't know... it feels like there is something that you're not telling us

Dear BMW,

Why did my 2023 bagger come with 2020 tires?
If my build date says 09/2022, why does the BILL of LADING say that DHL picked up the bike from your RDC center on 04/7/2023 and taken to my selling dealer?
Why did my selling dealer tell me my bike was still in its shipping crate 2 days before I bought it but the PDI RO is dated 30 days prior?
Why does the PDI RO have an internal labor line with a couple hours the tech flagged for “finish assembly”
Why was the bike painted again after leaving the factory?
Why are the muffler bracket bolt holes a different size showing outlines where the brackets were painted?
Why is there no paint on the rear fender line? (Looks white in the pic)
Why is the rear swingarm so far from being centered and more importantly why is the driveshaft so out of balance?
Why is the swingarm/rear frame sitting so much lower than the main frame?
Why is fhe Union nut on the trans so far out of alignment with the one on the rear drive?
Why did you paint chrome engine side covers black and worse paint them while they were placed on a table? ( no paint on the inner edge)
Why are now both front and rear brakes squeaking?
Why does the left side of muffler and the heat shield rub against the frame?
Where is the frame coming apart on the bike? Inside of front downtubes below the 2 bolt holes shows no paint where the frame is twisting apart.

Why does this bike shake and vibrate so bad that at freeway speeds you cannot see?

Why when I took the bike to a different dealer are they unwilling to help at all?

Why when I paid a body shop $375 to inspect and report does it say most if not all of the bike has been repainted?

Why do I keep on buying BMW bikes if with each one I get more burned than the one before?

Why shouldn’t this post be titled
“Any Bulldog Attorneys available?”

I can’t answer that question the same way nobody can answer any of my above questions

Contact Customer Relations and Service at 1-800-525-7417 or via Email at [email protected]

I know I said I wasn’t posting again, sorry, but I was just thinking that because I’m not a d!*khead, apologies if I pissed anyone off by anything I said. To help make my position clear regarding hostility or coming across as nuts as well as what my attitude is all about, please understand. People, this is the THIRD new BMW bike that this has happened with me. 3! THIRD! First one they fought had to get a lawyer, prevailed. The second, BMWNA flat out ignored all the facts I gave them and ended up buying the bike back for some bs reason to where no guilt as admitted. Am I an idiot for buyer another? Maybe. But when they are right, no bikes better sorry. Besides what would the chances be for #3 to happen, well Hi there. This is the basis of my position to not just be happy with a buy back. You guy what’s taken place is NOT ok. Maybe if this happens once, yes, I’d hurry and be stoked to have it bought back. Ain’t happening this time, just ain’t.
If I’d love nothing more to share the details of the first two bikes, believe me, I’d love nothing more…..then it may change some of your attitudes about wtf is wrong with this cat . But 100% it would change your opinion about BMW Motorrad, period. Just the way it is sorry. Cheers keep em down

Oh and you gotta know, BMW doesn’t buy back bikes just because you ask them to. Know anyone who has had it happen twice? Now you do. Trust me on everything I love, it’s the absolute last thing on earth I’d wish on my worst enemy to have to go through. Just in case anyone things I must be a sue happy kinda cat. Far from it boys. It’s the last thing on earth BMW wants to do is take a bike back. Just consider that, it’s absurd the severity of how badly laws have been broken then and now

I know I said I wasn’t posting again, sorry, but I was just thinking that because I’m not a d!*khead, apologies if I pissed anyone off by anything I said. To help make my position clear regarding hostility or coming across as nuts as well as what my attitude is all about, please understand. People, this is the THIRD new BMW bike that this has happened with me. 3! THIRD! First one they fought had to get a lawyer, prevailed. The second, BMWNA flat out ignored all the facts I gave them and ended up buying the bike back for some bs reason to where no guilt as admitted. Am I an idiot for buyer another? Maybe. But when they are right, no bikes better sorry. Besides what would the chances be for #3 to happen, well Hi there. This is the basis of my position to not just be happy with a buy back. You guy what’s taken place is NOT ok. Maybe if this happens once, yes, I’d hurry and be stoked to have it bought back. Ain’t happening this time, just ain’t.
If I’d love nothing more to share the details of the first two bikes, believe me, I’d love nothing more…..then it may change some of your attitudes about wtf is wrong with this cat . But 100% it would change your opinion about BMW Motorrad, period. Just the way it is sorry. Cheers keep em down
I mean, if the company is shit, let’s hear about it. I’ve got no loyalty to them. I don’t owe em anything but a monthly bill. If there are skeletons to help current and prospective owners understand how the company handles issues, please, let em out. You can read up and down other forums about how bad Harley is, how terrible an experience with Triumph was, Ford, Chevy, etc.

I don’t see where being transparent violates this board’s rules. I don’t know what risk you run by being more clear about your experience. There’s no defamation if you’re sharing the truth.

In all, it’s your business to share or not. But at this point, you’ve cracked open a door and I think most of us are too confused by the details shared to make sense of up from down.

Curious what you mean here about the bikes not leaving as baggers. As I understand it, there are several parts unique to the bagger so it’s not like they could have shipped a classic or a pure and built it up and registered the VIN as a bagger.

I know sales numbers aren’t huge, so I’m not sure if others with your same experience just aren’t here on the page or what.

I just don't know what more there is to say.....resolve you situation the best way you can. You vented, we hear you...that's about it. If the offer is still good to take the bike back....hell grab it!!! If not go sue for 10k in small claims, you have all the documentation. As you said this is your 3rd BMW, If you've had nightmare experiences with previous BMWs...then yes...you should know better than to buy another one...
And yeah, when there's no problems or they are very minor, there is nothing like a BMW, which is why we all bought one....
But I think you've said your peace.....

Last edited:
Back