My first drop :-|

fleabag

And I know better. I’ve even seen the video of a guy in his garage that didn’t make sure his kickstand was down correctly. After I watched that video, I would always ensure that I kept my foot on the stand for the complete travel of the stand, knowing that it likes to spring back if you don’t make sure it is fully extended. Well, I pulled over at an ocean overlook, flipped out the stand, and it sprang back without me realizing it, and over she went. I do have the front crash bars, so it landed on the bar. You can’t tell unless you closely inspect the bar, which is good. It also scraped the chrome exhaust cover below the cylinder head, but it’s on the bottom, so the only way you can see that is if you get on your knees and look under the bike. So, overall the engine crash bar did its job, and because the bike was not entirely on its side, it was pretty easy to lift back vertically. Not too bad.

And I know better. I’ve even seen the video of a guy in his garage that didn’t make sure his kickstand was down correctly. After I watched that video, I would always ensure that I kept my foot on the stand for the complete travel of the stand, knowing that it likes to spring back if you don’t make sure it is fully extended. Well, I pulled over at an ocean overlook, flipped out the stand, and it sprang back without me realizing it, and over she went. I do have the front crash bars, so it landed on the bar. You can’t tell unless you closely inspect the bar, which is good. It also scraped the chrome exhaust cover below the cylinder head, but it’s on the bottom, so the only way you can see that is if you get on your knees and look under the bike. So, overall the engine crash bar did its job, and because the bike was not entirely on its side, it was pretty easy to lift back vertically. Not too bad.
Glad it was more patina than damage, thanks for a good reminder!

would like to know if you park on a downword hill will the bike roll off the stand my harley had a stop on the kickstand that would stop this ( i was going to try this but think i would need a guy or two to help if it tryed to go down ) and i mean a slight hill

I am so sorry to hear that man but glad there was no damage to your pride and joy but above all no injuries to yourself.
To be honest this thought has been taunting me for the last few days. In order to get to my garage I have a short but steep incline. Same where I park my bike at work which is steep but downhill and a really tight turn at the end.
I will master the way she behaves before I attempt to resume commuting on the new B.

would like to know if you park on a downword hill will the bike roll off the stand my harley had a stop on the kickstand that would stop this ( i was going to try this but think i would need a guy or two to help if it tryed to go down ) and i mean a slight hill
The stand (on my FE) is pivoted at the base and physically locks in place as soon as it touches down so it can’t roll off. Expect the other models are the same.

I was happy the first time I noticed the big kick stand on the R18TC. To this day Harley does not know how to make a kick stand. I had a Road Glide roll forward off the stand and down she went. The kick stand on the R18TC is long and snaps forward distinctly.

I was happy the first time I noticed the big kick stand on the R18TC. To this day Harley does not know how to make a kick stand. I had a Road Glide roll forward off the stand and down she went. The kick stand on the R18TC is long and snaps forward distinctly.
but whit the bike on the kickstand can it be push off from the back or is it locked open and wont let it roll off the other day i was in the downhill parking position and just pushing on the lock on the tourpack to open it started to move forword dont know if it would roll off to stand but made me think !

Got to put the bike in gear when parked. On a steep slope any bike will walk forward off the stand.

Back