My new Vance & Hines slip-on exhaust are killer

I had my local BMW dealer install the Vance & Hines slip-ons on my 2021 R18 Classic. Going on advice, I had them remove the baffles for better sound. They turned out much better than I anticipated. Good bark at start up, but nice and mellow at idle. But when you roll on, they really grunt. Running it through the gears, she really sings. It turns heads in traffic now, just what I was aiming for. The 1802 really is a beast, it's nice that mine can now roar when I want it to.

For decades I have had either Vance and Hines or Cobra pipes on my bikes. The sound was always pleasing. Good vibes sitting on Thunder.

I had my local BMW dealer install the Vance & Hines slip-ons on my 2021 R18 Classic. Going on advice, I had them remove the baffles for better sound. They turned out much better than I anticipated. Good bark at start up, but nice and mellow at idle. But when you roll on, they really grunt. Running it through the gears, she really sings. It turns heads in traffic now, just what I was aiming for. The 1802 really is a beast, it's nice that mine can now roar when I want it to.
Hi Dave,

Re removing the baffles, do you know if there was any drilling involved? Or was just a matter of removing the two screws from the bottom rear of each pipe?

Hi Dave,

Re removing the baffles, do you know if there was any drilling involved? Or was just a matter of removing the two screws from the bottom rear of each pipe?
I just installed the Vance n Hines and removed the baffle, sounds great.
To remove the baffles - the screws are tap welded on top so you have to grind the weld off with a metal sanding disk (Lowes has them) then the screws and baffles can be removed.

To remove the baffles - the screws are tap welded on top so you have to grind the weld off with a metal sanding disk (Lowes has them) then the screws and baffles can be removed.
Yup, that's why I didn't mess with it--I probably would have cocked it up. The dealer did a great install job for $120 bucks labor.

Pics?

What's the BMW cost for the V & H exhaust? I've seen them on eBay for $800, which seems pretty reasonable.

Are you going to couple the new exhaust with the removal of the servo module, servo buddy modules and leaving the exhaust gates in the open position?

Are these doing anything for performance or weight or is it just sound? Just curious. I don't want my r18 any louder or any vibration so I'm probably not target audience for these.

What's the BMW cost for the V & H exhaust? I've seen them on eBay for $800, which seems pretty reasonable.

Are you going to couple the new exhaust with the removal of the servo module, servo buddy modules and leaving the exhaust gates in the open position?

Compared to $400 for winglets, $800 seems like a steal for exhaust :p

Well, I love the look and they sound better than the stock exhaust. I'm on my laptop now, I'll try to see if I can get a sound clip on my phone later. But don't hold your breath!

Just got my V&H slip ons in the mail—no instructions and just 2 small screws plus 4 black hole plugs. I guess it's just plug’n play using OEM parts once the fishtails are removed. They feel pretty heavy but I guess the FE was never gonna be a light weight. Anyone else done this at home? Tips or tricks besides not dropping them? What do the fist tails bring as take offs on EBay?

You can download the installation instructions from the BMW website for OEM accessories from the following link:

I'm not sure which model R18 you have, but I'll try to attached the PDF for you which shows the V&H instructions.

Hope this helps..

Thanks Scott. I have a First Edition and despite going through all the pdf’s options for the Heritage models, I found no mention of the V&H Motorad exhaust installation. Have you seen it or done it yourself? Thanks,
david

Back