My new Vance & Hines slip-on exhaust are killer

Thanks Scott. I have a First Edition and despite going through all the pdf’s options for the Heritage models, I found no mention of the V&H Motorad exhaust installation. Have you seen it or done it yourself? Thanks,
david
Yes, I was able to download the installation instructions; I'll shoot you a message with my email - I can send it to you.Screenshot_20230428-155400.pngScreenshot_20230428-155337.png

They keep saying these will not fit the B or TC but it looks like they would. I dont know if its a mounting point issue or something else, but my god, I need something to listen to, and I am not dropping 4k on a Jeckle and Hyde (or w/e it is) or waiting an nondescript back order time frame for freedom. Almost to the point of ordering some universal straight through cans and fabing my own.

The pdf pic looks to be for a different set of pipes. Here is what I ordered and it only came with the pipes plus a few bolts and plugs...
Home › BMW Motorrad R18 Round Slip-On Exhaust Set Chrome
BMW Motorrad R18 Round Slip-On Exhaust Set Chrome

BMW Motorrad R18 Round Slip-On Exhaust Set Chrome​

BMW
Regular price$889.00
Default Title - $889.00 USD
ADD TO CART
ShareShare on Facebook TweetTweet on Twitter Pin itPin on Pinterest

My bike just lost 50+ pounds (estimated) - replaced the stock chrome Akropovic 100 year exhaust with Pro-Race shorties. Loud AF when I want it to be, just loud enough otherwise. I’ve had it with cagers pulling out in front of me at intersections, and every little bit helps right?

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0088.jpeg
    IMG_0088.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 48
You should aim your exhaust tips forward, in the direction of travel, if you want folks to hear you. Does no good aimed at where you've already been.

My bike just lost 50+ pounds (estimated) - replaced the stock chrome Akropovic 100 year exhaust with Pro-Race shorties. Loud AF when I want it to be, just loud enough otherwise. I’ve had it with cagers pulling out in front of me at intersections, and every little bit helps right?
What's the length of the stock exhaust muffler of the 100 YR anniversary edition; I'm curious if they would fit a Model B?

I like the look of the BMW propeller integrated within the exhaust tip.

Pretty straightforward endeavor really. Couple of brackets to loosen, slide the old pipes off and reverse the process. A bit of a struggle muscling the new ones on but not at all something one would need instructions to figure out....aside from some scraped knuckles all went well. Definitely a better sound and with the discounts going on well worth the effort!

The faq site on the Vance and Hines website says that screws can be removed. Hope this helps.
The two screws are removed and the end caps taken off. Then on mine I had to use a small grinder to cut where the spot welds are that hold the baffle in place. A bit tedious but once that was done the baffles can be pulled out with a bit of encouragement.

Audio clip please?

Back