My Rendition of Custom R18 Bobber

Black Dog

My rendition of a custom R18 Bobber is now complete.
The only "purchased part is the Corbin seat, but I can return to the stock seat by removing and replacing the original seat screw.
Seat mount completely custom fabricated to my desired riding position.
Exhaust is custom fabricated and "tuned" using custom made baffles and a combination of steel and fiberglass packing.
Rear fender custom hammer in hand formed. Custom mounting brackets using stock "phony" plastic fender mounting points. Custom fender struts,
Original brake/turn signals used, no modification of any of the stock wiring.
The entire bike can be returned to show room stock, with no trace of any modifications ever being done in a matter of couple hours.
fender mounts.JPGfull compression.JPGno fender complete.JPGseat pan wiring..JPG

Last edited:
My rendition of a custom R18 Bobber is now complete.
The only "purchased part is the Corbin seat, but I can return to the stock seat by removing and replacing the original seat screw.
Seat mount completely custom fabricated to my desired riding position.
Exhaust is custom fabricated and "tuned" using custom made baffles and a combination of steel and fiberglass packing.
Rear fender custom hammer in hand formed. Custom mounting brackets using stock "phony" plastic fender mounting points. Custom fender struts,
Original brake/turn signals used, no modification of any of the stock wiring.
The entire bike can be returned to show room stock, with no trace of any modifications ever being done in a matter of couple hours.
View attachment 2429View attachment 2425View attachment 2426View attachment 2428
Quite impressive you old scoundrel. Bike looks great!!

Quite impressive you old scoundrel. Bike looks great!!
Need to clean it up get it off the lift and go riding this weekend.
One of a kind built to my specs by me, for me.
As we used to do in the 1960s, buy and old Panhead police dresser at the police auction an turn it into your own unique ride.
No waiting for nonexistent factory made "Custom" parts.
Like this one.unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Complete and down off the lift this morning.
Took a 200 mile shakedown ride on state Hwy 66 along the Ohio river.
Rides perfect, everything adjusted to fit my old decrepit ass and 1960s riding style. Note the red USMC ninja fighting cane attached to the handle bars.
No rattles squeaks or things that go bump in the night. Not one thing fell off, not even me.
The only purchased part of the conversion was the Corbin seat.

Complete.JPGComplete2.JPG

Complete and down off the lift this morning.
Took a 200 mile shakedown ride on state Hwy 66 along the Ohio river.
Rides perfect, everything adjusted to fit my old decrepit ass and 1960s riding style. Note the red USMC ninja fighting cane attached to the handle bars.
No rattles squeaks or things that go bump in the night. Not one thing fell off, not even me.
The only purchased part of the conversion was the Corbin seat.

View attachment 2454View attachment 2455
Looks good Black Dog! Not a cookie cutter knock-off either. You captured the look!

Back