New 2022 R18 Transcontinental - Just delivered today!

Just received my new 2022 R18 T/C and I am so far very happy with it. I have been playoing around with all the settings and learning how everything works. I have been riding for 18 years and this is my first BMW. Just traded up from a 2009 Honda Goldwing. Any advice for a BMW newbie would be appreciated. Looking forward to learning from all of you!

One question if I may as I have seen this on US models but none in the UK ones. The sensor that sits at the very top of the dashboard, right under the windshield, what is it? Is it to do with the ACC?
The one I am purchasing has ACC but does not have that top sensor I am describing.
Cheers

I believe you are looking at the Satellite antennae. I asked the dealer and joked that it looked like a coin tray for tolls.

I believe you are looking at the Satellite antennae. I asked the dealer and joked that it looked like a coin tray for tolls.
LOL, it does.Thank you for letting me know. At least in Europe the bike does not have it’s own inbuilt Nav system ( it relies on the connectivity via the app on your phone)
Makes me wonder why they put a Nav antenna on the bike for US models but not in the Europeans.
I am probably wrong, it is just that I have noticed that difference between the models.
Have a good day.

It's definitely a GPS antenna; I followed the cable back to the radio receiver module when I had the fairing apart, during the Auxiliary Light installation on my Model B.

I'm guessing it supports the satellite radio functionality and perhaps the basic geo data for navigation; the TFT gets the more robust map data from your paired phone using the BMW Connect app via Wi-Fi air interface.

It's definitely a GPS antenna; I followed the cable back to the radio receiver module when I had the fairing apart, during the Auxiliary Light installation on my Model B.

I'm guessing it supports the satellite radio functionality and perhaps the basic geo data for navigation; the TFT gets the more robust map data from your paired phone using the BMW Connect app via Wi-Fi air
Yup, I agree.

Back