New brake pedal piece arrived

TXBrit

Site Supporter
My long awaited new brake pedal step piece arrived today.
I will install it soon. I suspect that the original will be liberally coated in thread locker like the up/heel gear shift pedal was so will need some heat.
Part # 35 21 1 540 896 Step Piece
Used now on current production bikes. They got away from the skinny pedal. Bagger & TC

IMG_1216.jpeg

Peace of mind knowing I have done all I can to not miss the pedal when I need it is priceless but yes I agree with your sentiment
The pedal narrow is the old part the new part is called step piece and is 1/2 inch wider
Oh weird. I didn’t even double check, but that’s the part that showed when I plugged in the part number from your post. Crazy the cost of a few grams of aluminum (or whatever metal), either way.

Oh weird. I didn’t even double check, but that’s the part that showed when I plugged in the part number from your post. Crazy the cost of a few grams of aluminum (or whatever metal), either way.
These parts are made of unobtainium I think, then wrapped in expressive shiny stuff that is unknown to mere mortals and has been all but banned by the Federal Government hence the switch to blackout by manufacturers which conveniently is cheaper to apply.

Installed the new extended brake pedal today and to my surprise it wasn't dipped in thread locker. I was able to remove and replace the step piece without even taking the pedal off the bike.
Went for a ride to try it, and the TFT software upgrade done a couple of weeks ago. I can report that the brake pedal and software updates were both a success. No missing brake pedal and no drop out of navigation, with the radio playing in my head set too.
The ergonomics are now sorted for me with the Wunderlich extended shift pedals and the BMW extended brake pedal.
The jury is still out on the longevity of an iPhone slow roasting in the gas tank compartment but today was pretty chilly so it wasn't an issue.
Although the navigation system worked well I believe a dedicated Garmin XT2 will be in my future. The cost of the Garmin although high is cheaper than a new iPhone and I really don't want to dick with 2 phones one is a challenge at best.
I have used Garmin units for many years when I worked as a Field Service Tech and they have always got me in the ballpark of where I needed to be, not infallible but nothing is.
I'm an old geezer that likes technology but there are some things that just don't make sense to me in this connected world.:unsure:

Glad it’s all working together! Did they just flash the TFT update at the dealer? Curious if I need this on my list. What year is your bike?

Glad it’s all working together! Did they just flash the TFT update at the dealer? Curious if I need this on my list. What year is your bike?
The latest update as far as I know is 013-14-20 that was in November. Yes it is a dealer only thing, they connect your bike to the mothership and the appropriate software is updated. Mine is a 22TC.
If you have issues with your nav/entertainment system an update will probably fix it. If you have no issues I would probably leave well alone. Some dealers won't do it I'm told they are afraid of bricking the electronics, having worked on vehicles my whole life I understand the anxiety, it does happen, then they just opened a whole world of expensive hurt.

Back